Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MLyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
I've just bought a new iPad. I've been using AppleWorks for many years, primarily putting my recipes into the AW database. I like how the db gives me so many options in organizing, I can set up many different sorts. I can select several recipes and set up a menu, with a clip art cover. I can print lists of ingredients for shopping. I download lots of recipes in pdf then convert in AW word processor, then cut and paste into the recipe db. I know the use of my very old AW is limited -- it won't work now with OS 10.8. I have OS 10.6.8. I tried Bento some time back, but didn't like it. So -- is there any db software that will do what I like doing with AW, AND that could be used on iPad as well?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'd say what you're looking for is a web-based solution that has a corresponding iOS app.

Zoho.com has a database app/section called "Creator". I'm not sure how much you can do with it with a free account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.