Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
I have an iPad Apple MGL12LL/A. How do I get E-mail on it? I have tried but I cant get it to work. I an trying to get my works
E-mail on it. It is a iPad from work. Would that make a difference ???

Albert O.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Well, what system does your work use for email? Can't your IT department help you set it up?

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
Well, what system does your work use for email? Can't your IT department help you set it up?

We use Outlook and I have bought the ipad home to do some work for the holidays so therefore the IT department wont be available during this time. It you cant offer any assistance except to refer me to someone else (my IT department) then I dont know why you would even respond to me. Is there somebody out there who can point me in the right direction??

AAO

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
I have an iPad Apple MGL12LL/A. How do I get E-mail on it? I have tried but I cant get it to work. I an trying to get my works E-mail on it.
So, what did you exactly try? You can configure Outlook in the settings app under "Mail". Is it a Google or Microsoft mail behind, but you're using Outlook as a tool? We do not know if you're in need of a VPN solution, or you're working via remote session - that are all facts that change the process.

If everything goes without a hitch, you should be fine in Settings - Mail.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
So, what did you exactly try? You can configure Outlook in the settings app under "Mail". Is it a Google or Microsoft mail behind, but you're using Outlook as a tool? We do not know if you're in need of a VPN solution, or you're working via remote session - that are all facts that change the process.

If everything goes without a hitch, you should be fine in Settings - Mail.

Exactly. If simple user approach via Settings doesn’t work, a conversation with the IT department is recommended. They hopefully know their setup better than the employees.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Since we don't know what you've tried/how you've tried to do it, it's hard to know where things are going wrong. Start with Apple's instructions on how to setup an email account: https://support.apple.com/HT201320

Common reasons for not succeeding when setting up a business email account:

1. Not knowing whether it is a Microsoft Exchange account
2. Not knowing the required settings (especially important if it is a Microsoft Exchange account)

This is why others have referred you to your company's IT department. If you don't have the settings, it's not likely you'll succeed. If you have a tech-savvy co-worker you can call, they may be able to help.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
It you cant offer any assistance except to refer me to someone else (my IT department) then I dont know why you would even respond to me.
Hi there. I'm from your IT department. What system does your work use for email? ;)

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
My work email was very difficult to setup on my iPhone/iPad due to the way the incoming and outgoing servers were named and setup and ported. It’s nothing like adding our iCloud to our email. My buddy is on android and with all the settings in front of me I was never able to get email on his phone. That’s why everyone is saying you need your IT dept‘s help. We have no idea of servers, settings and port numbers.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
As stated by others here, your iT department should be the first place to go to for support of any device they issued you. Coming here first really doesn't make sense, as we have no knowledge how they intend you to use yoir iPad or what's needed to get functionality such as company email to work per their requirements.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.