Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Ok so my daughters iPad mini 4 is having an issue. We will leave it in the car for less than an hour with outside temps around 36-39 degrees F and it will be shut off showing the dead battery symbol. So go to plug it in knowing it’s not dead and it comes back on and will show anywhere from 9%to 65% right at start up. So my question is what’s going on ? Is the battery going bad? It never did this before a couple weeks ago. How do I test it to see if it’s the battery?

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
Probably going bad, but cold weather is not good for any type of lithium ion battery.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
You can have it tested at an Apple Store I believe. If the battery needs replacement they can get that on the way for you too.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Ok so my daughters iPad mini 4 is having an issue. We will leave it in the car for less than an hour with outside temps around 36-39 degrees F and it will be shut off showing the dead battery symbol. So go to plug it in knowing it’s not dead and it comes back on and will show anywhere from 9%to 65% right at start up. So my question is what’s going on ? Is the battery going bad? It never did this before a couple weeks ago. How do I test it to see if it’s the battery?
It sounds like your daughters iPad mini 4 is on the brink of dying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.