Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spacemanspifff

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
SPACE
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue. I have an iPad 2 which is now stuck on iOS 9.3.5, an iPhone 6 and an iMac on High Sierra 10.13.4. The issue I am seeing is that my Safari Bookmarks and Reading list are not being synced via iCloud on the iPad or in reverse. The iPhone and the iMac are in perfect sync. Everything else iCloud wise on the iPad is working as expected Notes/Photos email etc. also the history gets updated in Safari on both platforms, so I know it's partly working. It seems like there is a secret setting somewhere that I'm missing to make the bookmarks and reading list work!!

BTW I have followed all of Apples instructions on getting this to work - I even wiped everything on the iPad and set it back up as new iPad - still not working. I've switched Safari in iCloud on and off and restarted the iPad numerous times but nothing seems to get it working again.

Is there a way to manually copy my bookmarks over to the iPad (I'm not too worried about the reading list - but it would be nice to have) I can't see an import option on the iPad in order to do this?

Thanks in advance

Spifff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.