Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddelavega

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2019
Just bought a renewed iPad Pro from Amazon last week, and I was wondering how much does it's life battery last? I noticed that it drains a bit slow the first 10% of it's battery, I get around 1hr of charge while using Procreate or playing a video but after it drops below 90% of charge it starts to drain a little bit faster, usually 1% less every 5 or 6 minutes, so by 40 minutes or so it goes down to 10-15% less. I've done all steps recommended to preserve your battery (turned off local services, notifications, switched from push to fetch, turned off screen time etc.)

Ran some test using iMazing and it depletes at the same speed throughout it's cycle, sometimes a bit more sometimes less.
I'm on iPadOS 13.2.3

battery.png

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Not an iOS expert, but it just seems logical for batteries to drain faster as soon as charge from them is being sucked out, the less juice(mAh) left in the battery, the harder the battery will have to work to provide your device(in this case an iPad) with correct voltage and mAh for iPad to work correctly, thus, less juice, bigger strain, bigger strain, faster discharge. Or kind of like that.
Perhaps nothing to do with your case tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.