Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsg1010

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
I Have a 500GB Samsung T5 External SSD formated as APFS. I loaded up a bunch of music file MP3's on there as well as documents, videos etc. I have probably 3000 or so MP3's in a music folder I created on the drive but the contents of the drive always show nothing on my iPad Pro 11".

Here's the strange thing though. When I put say only a few hundred MP3's on the external drive. It can read and play all of them. Is there a particular amount of files that gets restricted to view when there's to many files on external drive for the iPad Pro to recognize?

Trying to figure out how I can keep all my music files on the external drive or if I have to limit the amount so the iPad Pro can view/play them correctly.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I Have a 500GB Samsung T5 External SSD formated as APFS. I loaded up a bunch of music file MP3's on there as well as documents, videos etc. I have probably 3000 or so MP3's in a music folder I created on the drive but the contents of the drive always show nothing on my iPad Pro 11".

Here's the strange thing though. When I put say only a few hundred MP3's on the external drive. It can read and play all of them. Is there a particular amount of files that gets restricted to view when there's to many files on external drive for the iPad Pro to recognize?

Trying to figure out how I can keep all my music files on the external drive or if I have to limit the amount so the iPad Pro can view/play them correctly.
I've heard of something like this before. I believe the problem was that the iPad Pro was partially defective.

As always though, the problem could be different. Who knows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.