Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eisho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
I’m looking for a case that has a removable front cover...

Thanks for all helpers :)

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
You know there hasn't been a 3rd party smart cover in years. The closet you can get is a 10.5 Smart cover but the magnets won't match up. I can't remember if the UAG cases cover is removable. It is very thin and when you tuck it behind the iPad you really don't notice it.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
You know there hasn't been a 3rd party smart cover in years. The closet you can get is a 10.5 Smart cover but the magnets won't match up. I can't remember if the UAG cases cover is removable. It is very thin and when you tuck it behind the iPad you really don't notice it.

I love the feel of the iPad without the cover hanging in the back. I use my mini in portrait mode more often because of it. I still have a case on.

ICEBreaker

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
You know there hasn't been a 3rd party smart cover in years.

Why is that though? One would imagine that there would be a high demand for this. Really don't need a case for the iPad, but like you don't need a case for your notebook. However, a cover makes sense, to stop the screen from being scratched, and the way it can turn into a stand is pretty cool too. Did Apple patent it? Don't see this for Android either.

Macintoshrumors

Suspended
Oct 18, 2016
Why is that though? One would imagine that there would be a high demand for this. Really don't need a case for the iPad, but like you don't need a case for your notebook. However, a cover makes sense, to stop the screen from being scratched, and the way it can turn into a stand is pretty cool too. Did Apple patent it? Don't see this for Android either.

Yeah obvious one really doesn’t need a case for their laptop as they are built differently thanks a thin tablet. Cases for iPads are common and recommend especially if you intend to sell it later to protect it from dents, scratches, etc.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas

Its weird because I thought the smart connector was universal. Maybe some of the 3rd party companies don't want to spend the extra money to add the connectors. I think that's why you don't see just a smart cover, and see more cases. The Apple Smart Folio case looks nice but its $80.

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.