Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkhousewpg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I consider myself fairly techie, but right now I am stumped. BTW this not Apple related, but here goes. I am trying to stream You Tube videos from my iPad to a Google Chromecast. For some reason the You tube video will not load uploading wheel spins and will not play. Anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and what can be done to overcome it ?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I consider myself fairly techie, but right now I am stumped. BTW this not Apple related, but here goes. I am trying to stream You Tube videos from my iPad to a Google Chromecast. For some reason the You tube video will not load uploading wheel spins and will not play. Anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and what can be done to overcome it ?
May I ask why you're trying to stream YouTube videos from your iPad to your Google Chromecast?

Vlad Soare

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
Is it just YouTube that's not working? Do you happen to have any other Chromecast-compatible app on your iPad, and if so, does it work?
There's been a while since I last used a Chromecast, but I remember that casting from YouTube used to work fine on the iPad.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I was using my Chromecast at the weekend casting the BT Sport app from my 6S running the latest software. That worked fine but i've not used it with YouTube for a long time.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
If you're still having issues they doing a hardware reset on the Chromecast, you'll have to set them up again with the Google Home App. Every once in a while my Chromecasts act up, even with my Android devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.