Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Apr 1, 2021
Not a single feature that the casual user will be hyped about. All this FaceTime and group sharing is so niche, weird they spent so much time on it
I agree; but I also feel apple is planning to try to get the android base into the apple ecosystem especially with facetime using apple's website for android users. I have a feeling Messages will be the next to do so too

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
I like all the changes, especially in the privacy aspects of iOS, but I agree that iOS 15 is a tame update. Slight UX changes are nice, specifically in Safari, and Focus modes are exactly what I have been waiting for. Now I can use DND but still get my Ring camera notifications only.

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
They could of done so much more they are making me want android now

jk1221

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2021
Agree. It's odd to focus so much time on such a niche thing. How many people are really watching TV together over Facetime? It sounds like a 16 year old thing to tell each other how "shook" (cringe) they are over an episode. As cringe a word as idea sounds (and the whole stream intro- wow super cringy).

Maybe if part of 14 in 2020, ok, but we're coming out of staying away from others now. Just odd timing for all of this video calling stuff.

And to have it as a tent pole feature is just odder for such a niche use case thing.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
People are never happy: with feature rich releases MR is swamped with “why do Apple do this instead of stabilizing the OS?” and with feature light releases MR is swamped by “Why didn’t Apple do anything exciting an different- I’m bored!”

They can’t win.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
People are never happy: with feature rich releases MR is swamped with “why do Apple do this instead of stabilizing the OS?” and with feature light releases MR is swamped by “Why didn’t Apple do anything exciting an different- I’m bored!”

They can’t win.
The more MR forum users they piss off, the better they're doing. So many of the users here are delusionally ridiculous to the highest level.

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
Because apple has lost the plot; the keynote was the world it’s ever been, at least they could of changed the layout of the homepage iOS apps like everyone wanted in iOS 14 it looks bland; also widgets should be interactive and where is split screen or anything useful, who cares about FaceTime etc I installed iPadOS before I deleted as I’m returning the m1 iPad Pro as it’s now a joke and it looked and felt the same as ios 14x jailbreaks make things look better apple should copy them and another year of being forced to look at a home bar when I don’t need it

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
It's the same with hardware purchases. "I want to buy the most advanced hardware for future-proofing." Then, when new software updates don't have specific features enabled on the new hardware, "Meh, I'm going to return this because I didn't get the software features I want."

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
The more MR forum users they piss off, the better they're doing. So many of the users here are delusionally ridiculous to the highest level.
I was thinking “self entitled” but delusional also cuts it…

I still remember how excited I was when I got a 12K RAM upgrade on my Acorn Atom and I was finally able to write my own version of Donkey Kong using the “HiRes” graphics it brought to the machine.

People today are seemingly never happy with their lot and it’s almost like our devices are like drugs to them.

stabgotham

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2020
Not a single feature that the casual user will be hyped about. All this FaceTime and group sharing is so niche, weird they spent so much time on it

Meanwhile, I'm just over here watching all my kids have watch parties and using other products that do what FaceTime is now aiming to do. Seems like a smart move to me. I'm not longer in the market that drives tech forward, my kids are.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I was thinking “self entitled” but delusional also cuts it…

I still remember how excited I was when I got a 12K RAM upgrade on my Acorn Atom and I was finally able to write my own version of Donkey Kong using the “HiRes” graphics it brought to the machine.

People today are seemingly never happy with their lot and it’s almost like our devices are like drugs to them.

lol - I remember when I got my first computer that had a monitor and was actually interactive (I started in the S/W & H/W business in '71). My expectations on WWDC were low but I will admit to being somewhat surprised at the lack of single "wow" announcements. Won't keep me from still loving my 2021 12.9, though.

Last edited:

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
We're at a point where smartphone OS reached the mature state so you won't see many big change from now on just like Windows 10 and macOS over the years.

That being said, iOS 15 is still a big let down. iOS 14.5 had almost as much feature as 15. Why they still refuse to let us place app icons everywhere we want on the home screen? All those notifications update are useless to me because I have no problem like they are now.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Yeah, until iOS 16 is released next year. And then in 2023, the crown goes to iOS 17 and so on, and so on ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.