Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarrenTayyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
updated to 13.1.2 a few days back, battery drained faster than my iPhone 7 with 75% battery health lmao..... Now i've updated to 13.2 beta, the battery life still seems to be the same. Anyone have this problem on iPhone 11?
edit: also have problems with "optimized charging" i haven't see the notification, the setting is on for it. It just charges up to 100% straight and not to 80% then 100 after updating.

jbrady3324

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2009
updated to 13.1.2 a few days back, battery drained faster than my iPhone 7 with 75% battery health lmao..... Now i've updated to 13.2 beta, the battery life still seems to be the same. Anyone have this problem on iPhone 11?
edit: also have problems with "optimized charging" i haven't see the notification, the setting is on for it. It just charges up to 100% straight and not to 80% then 100 after updating.

I am having this exact same issue. Battery constantly draining. My phone went from 50% to 18% overnight doing nothing. Very frustrating

jibber4568

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2011
Reset settings - sorted my crazy battery drain on a 7.
[automerge]1570616828[/automerge]

jbrady3324

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2009
Which phone you using?

iPhone 11 Pro. I have not had great battery life since buying it on launch. I get about 4-5 hrs screen time with 1hr of off-screen before I hit 20% battery. Basically using the same apps and usage, my Pixel 2 XL was getting double the battery life. I am starting to wonder if I have a bad battery.

DarrenTayyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
iPhone 11 Pro. I have not had great battery life since buying it on launch. I get about 4-5 hrs screen time with 1hr of off-screen before I hit 20% battery. Basically using the same apps and usage, my Pixel 2 XL was getting double the battery life. I am starting to wonder if I have a bad battery.
When you go back to apple, they'll just run some test and say it's working fine lmao. That's what happened when i went today.... thinking whether i should ask for an exchange from apple online store now.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
When you go back to apple, they'll just run some test and say it's working fine lmao. That's what happened when i went today.... thinking whether i should ask for an exchange from apple online store now.

Do an express replacement.
[automerge]1570637960[/automerge]

It is defective or a bad install.

jbrady3324

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2009

Thanks. That requires Applecare? Does it count against any replacement quota? I have attached screen shots of my battery usage today and last 5 days as per app

Attachments

• IMG-0302.PNG
    IMG-0302.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG-0303.PNG
    IMG-0303.PNG
    721.4 KB · Views: 151

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
Thanks. That requires Applecare? Does it count against any replacement quota? I have attached screen shots of my battery usage today and last 5 days as per app
That definitely seems low to me. Have you tried restoring?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016

Warranty is enough I think. Doesn’t count against replacement quota.

jbrady3324

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2009
I’ll try a restore and then I’m going for a replacement. Took a lot of self convincing to return to Apple devices and this is not a good start! I travel weekly for work and I’m having to charge by midday without using the phone for more than just email and texts. It’s crazy bad

--UPDATE--
Restore is complete. I am going to leave it off the charger tonight and see if it drains

Last edited:

DarrenTayyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
I’ll try a restore and then I’m going for a replacement. Took a lot of self convincing to return to Apple devices and this is not a good start! I travel weekly for work and I’m having to charge by midday without using the phone for more than just email and texts. It’s crazy bad

--UPDATE--
Restore is complete. I am going to leave it off the charger tonight and see if it drains
i would rather get the thing replaced. Already talked to apple online store peps and going in to replace it later on today.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
When restoring the phone to factory settings (which should always be done first when you have problems), do it via iTunes on a Mac. This is what Apple engineers told me. When you restore the phone ON the phone, it uses the same system file. But if you do it via iTunes, it downloads the system file from the web and uses that.

jbrady3324

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2009
I did a full restore (via iTunes) and here is the drain from yesterday! Down 40% overnight. Awful! I just made an appointment for Friday. If I get turned down there, I will purchase applecare ( I don't usually do that ) and do the express return.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: DarrenTayyy

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
I did a full restore (via iTunes) and here is the drain from yesterday! Down 40% overnight. Awful! I just made an appointment for Friday. If I get turned down there, I will purchase applecare ( I don't usually do that ) and do the express return.

I don't think you need AC+ for Express Replacement if your phone is under warranty.

DarrenTayyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2019
Within 14 days you could do a exchange if you got it in the apple store or apple online, but if it's over 14 days but within 30 days you need a managers aproval.

Reactions: jbrady3324
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.