Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
So I'm having an issue with my iPhone 11 Pro Max camera. When attempting to take a photo in low light (where Night Mode activates), the camera app crashes each every time the shutter button is pressed. No other mode on the camera has any problems; wide, telephoto, ultrawide, portrait, videos - everything else works great. It's ONLY night mode photos. I have scoured the internet and can't see to find anyone else experiencing the issue. We've tried soft rebooting, hard resetting, a DFU iOS 13.2 restore (prior to putting my iCloud backup back onto it) and finally Apple swapped my phone out with a new one - all unsuccessful and the issue persists. This of course suggests it's something software related that exists in my iCloud backup but I'm not really keen on setting my phone up as new and losing all that info just to correct this bug. iOS 13.2 last week did not resolve. Anyone have any advice?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fconxjl2jjqdbq/RPReplay_Final1572476073.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu0sket4tpfppm9/RPReplay_Final1572476107.mp4?dl=0

yjiunnn

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2019
Hi! You’re not alone - I’m facing the same issue as well. However I’ve not tried restoring the phone and exchanging the phone for a new one. Could I check if you found anything that fixes the issue?

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Hi! You’re not alone - I’m facing the same issue as well. However I’ve not tried restoring the phone and exchanging the phone for a new one. Could I check if you found anything that fixes the issue?

Replacing/exchanging the phone does not fix the issue, unfortunately; as long as a backup gets restored, the issue will come back. Restoring the phone and setting up as new DOES fix the problem, but then you're faced with having to set up your phone from scratch without a backup (a significant pain in the butt.) I've tried developer betas of iOS 13.3 as well but so far those have not resolved the issue either. Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming soon!

andrewhl

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2014
[automerge]1576200640[/automerge]
Replacing/exchanging the phone does not fix the issue, unfortunately; as long as a backup gets restored, the issue will come back. Restoring the phone and setting up as new DOES fix the problem, but then you're faced with having to set up your phone from scratch without a backup (a significant pain in the butt.) I've tried developer betas of iOS 13.3 as well but so far those have not resolved the issue either. Hopefully a fix will be forthcoming soon!

I'm experiencing this issue now as well. I'm really not trying to start from scratch with no backup to fix this though just to find it may come back later. Sorry just to be clear that DID fix it for you ? Because you also said 13.3 didn't.

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
[automerge]1576200640[/automerge]

I'm experiencing this issue now as well. I'm really not trying to start from scratch with no backup to fix this though just to find it may come back later. Sorry just to be clear that DID fix it for you ? Because you also said 13.3 didn't.

13.3 final from earlier this week did NOT fix the issue. Wiping the phone and NOT restoring from backup DOES fix the issue. I can't speak to whether or not the issue will return at that point as I have not used the phone in a non-backup-restored state for more than a few hours because I too am reluctant to start from scratch with no backup.

andrewhl

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2014
13.3 final from earlier this week did NOT fix the issue. Wiping the phone and NOT restoring from backup DOES fix the issue. I can't speak to whether or not the issue will return at that point as I have not used the phone in a non-backup-restored state for more than a few hours because I too am reluctant to start from scratch with no backup.

Hey just figured I'd let you know that I was able to fix the issue without starting completely from scratch. Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings did the trick. Just keep in mind you'll have to re enter all of your wifi network passwords and add back any apple pay cards and obviously set most of the settings back to the way you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.