Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleBlaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2022
Good morning,

I've noticed that while plugged in to charge, my iPhone 12 Pro doesn't always make the connection. It LOOKS like its plugged in, but, it isn't actually connected and charging.

I've removed the phone from the case, cleaned the case and used compressed air to clear the charging port to be sure debris weren't getting in the way.

This happens with the original cable and after market cables too.

Is this a common problem with this phone? Can anyone make a suggestion to correct this problem?

I've switched over to wireless charging when home, but, when I want to plug in to my car, it constantly disconnects and reconnects as I hit a bump. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions are appreciated.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
You can get the Lightning port cleaned out at a store - but if it needs anything further, it's not worth the cost. Simpler to switch to a wireless connection in the car.

Reactions: AppleBlaster

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
When my iPhone 12 Pro failed to charge, a little differently than in your case, all I did was do a hard reboot and that resolved the problem. Don’t know if it’ll happen with you, but give it a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.