Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hambo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
London
Okay so since the 24th of november i noticed a massive increase of data usage on my phone which in turn decreases my battery life dramatically. (with data

I asked my service provider o2 uk to see why this was they told me it must me me downloading or an app running in the background i assured them not. They said they will run a test on the network to find a fault, they found nothing.

Apple switched the phone with a brand new one and it still has the same problem.

Running 5.0.2
64gb
I have deleted all apps off the phone
i have deleted all mail accounts
Siri is switched off
Diagnostics and usage is set to do not send
No Notifications running
no location services
no iCloud

I've have a video to show the problem
If anyone has any ideas let me know thanks

http://www.bit.ly/tZjN5K

Last edited:

Bootleg2go

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Okay so since the 24th of november i noticed a massive increase of data usage on my phone which in turn decreases my battery life dramatically. (with data

I asked my service provider o2 uk to see why this was they told me it must me me downloading or an app running in the background i assured them not. They said they will run a test on the network to find a fault, they found nothing.

Apple switched the phone with a brand new one and it still has the same problem.

Running 5.0.2
64gb
Siri is switched off
No Notifications running
no location services
no iCloud

http://www.bit.ly/tZjN5K

Try going into location services and at the very bottom is a menu called "system services", turn everything in this to the off position. They may still be on even when the location services is set to off.
Also do a hard reset of the phone, I noticed in your video that your usage was like 13 hours and the standby time was the same, this shouldn't be.

I know if the "cell network search" in the system services menu is on, you will see the cell data usage go up by a small amount every time you check the usage, mine would go up anywhere from from 3 to 5k every time I checked usage.

----------

Try going into location services and at the very bottom is a menu called "system services", turn everything in this to the off position. They may still be on even when the location services is set to off.
Also do a hard reset of the phone, I noticed in your video that your usage was like 13 hours and the standby time was the same, this shouldn't be.

I know if the "cell network search" in the system services menu is on, you will see the cell data usage go up by a small amount every time you check the usage, mine would go up anywhere from from 3 to 5k every time I checked usage.
also turn off "ping" in the restrictions menu.

guyana1

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2017

Running 5.0.2
64gb
Siri is switched off
No Notifications running
no location services
no iCloud

www.bit.ly/tZjN5K
hi did you find a way to fix it ? i have the same problem now, help please

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.