Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saskiaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
I unlocked my phone and it said recording in the top left of the screen (screenshot below). Screen recording wasn’t on and I haven’t used screen recording at all today. It was still there when I locked and unlocked my phone but disappeared when I restarted it. Is it possible my phones been hacked or just a glitch?

Attachments

• B9725023-9855-42E2-AC81-5C21F3A49626.jpeg
    B9725023-9855-42E2-AC81-5C21F3A49626.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
My screen looks different when recording. There is no “recording” in top left, it shows a red pill shaped indicator on the top right of the screen next to the wifi symbol (iPad) or the same red pill is on the top left surrounding the time on my iPhone X.. Not sure what your seeing in your case

sarpler

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2019
I've never seen a situation where it just had "recording" in white text like that overlaying the icons. It's supposed to turn the entire bar red. Is your phone jailbroken?

My screen looks different when recording
The picture posted is from a pre-notch iPhone, they had a different status menu layout.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I've never seen a situation where it just had "recording" in white text like that overlaying the icons. It's supposed to turn the entire bar red. Is your phone jailbroken?

The picture posted is from a pre-notch iPhone, they had a different status menu layout.
My iPad doesn't have a notch and as I stated I get a red pill shaped indicator at the upper left corner, not the word "recording"

Last edited:

Saskiaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2019

No my phone isn’t jail broken. I wasn’t using screen recording when this showed up I locked my phone and it said recording in the left corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.