Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonhanaley

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 24, 2019
New Zealand
I made and edited a bunch of ringtones in Audioshare. I can't seem to find a way to make them show up on my iPhone as ringtones. I tried going through Dropbox, emailing them to myself, a few different file formats, and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

procacco

Suspended
Nov 24, 2019
Philippines
Just tested copy/paste from audio share to GB via general pasteboard - it works fine
:smiley:

So if GB is the only app allowed to export to ringtones, this must be the easiest way from sound to ringtone.
Now, if only they would update GB to support the new Files app and allow you to load in samples/audio files directly, you could create a folder of ringtones that could easily be loaded.

sarpler

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2019
The ONLY way to get ring/text/timer tones into a non-jailbroken iPhone is either via the official Apple 'tone store' or with a computer and iTunes, Apple allows no other methods. You first have to trim the audio down to 30 seconds (longer clips will be rejected), then you have to save/export it as M4A/AAC, then you have to change the file extension from ".aac" or ".m4a" to ".m4r".

Once you've done that, you have to connect the phone to iTunes and drag the m4r files over (I think into the left sidebar? It's been a while). If the clips are too long or weren't saved in the right format then iTunes will just flat out refuse to copy them.

Unless things have changed recently, Apple does not allow you to download and install ringtones from random websites or emails using the phone itself. If you don't have a computer and iTunes then your only other option is buying stuff from the store (or jailbreaking).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.