Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I just received the smart battery case for my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Before using it on a daily basis, can those of you who have used past versions of the battery case report back on your current battery health, and how long and often you use the battery case?

I’ve read a few comments that the battery health worsened with sustained use of the battery case.

Just wanted to check with those who have used the case consistently.

Thanks!

mtcislak

macrumors regular
May 30, 2019
I had one on my xs max for its last 5 months of my usage. Battery health is still at 100% before handing down to my son.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

parker5011

macrumors regular
May 17, 2018
I just received the smart battery case for my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Before using it on a daily basis, can those of you who have used past versions of the battery case report back on your current battery health, and how long and often you use the battery case?

I’ve read a few comments that the battery health worsened with sustained use of the battery case.

Just wanted to check with those who have used the case consistently.

Thanks!

I’ve used the XS battery case from day 1. No battery deterioration here at all.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Not an unreasonable question considering how ridiculously robust my Pro Max battery is. The only downside is getting into the bad habit of not putting it on the wireless charging stand because I figure 'why bother?' :)

I do like that camera button. Extra battery is also a +

sontran23

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
dont have the same luck as some of you here. had the case for the xs max since launch. it was at 100% in august then all of sudden it started dropping drastically. its now 91%. not too worried since i have applecare

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Should help if anything since power draws from the case before the phone battery. Never had an issue with it for my XS Max. On the fence still if I want one for my 11 Pro Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.