Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakra00

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
So my phone is sitting on my desk and the screen turned on by itself although there were no notifications. Side note, my phone is connected to my airpods.

Anyone else had the same experience or what feature could be causing this?

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
Happened to me 3 or 4 times since a few days ago. Can't figure out why.
Plus, I have no accessories connected (Bluetooth on, though).

I'm currently running 11.2.5 beta 2.

iPhoneLover77

Suspended
Dec 27, 2017
So my phone is sitting on my desk and the screen turned on by itself although there were no notifications. Side note, my phone is connected to my airpods.

Anyone else had the same experience or what feature could be causing this?
You might have been in your phone's point of view (POV), assuming you have Face ID without direct attention. If that caused it, turn on the feature that only unlocks your phone when you look DIRECTLY at it.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
You might have been in your phone's point of view (POV), assuming you have Face ID without direct attention. If that caused it, turn on the feature that only unlocks your phone when you look DIRECTLY at it.

He's not talking about unlocking his phone and If the phone screen is off putting your face in view of the Face ID sensors doesn't make it wake up. So turning on or off Attention Detection shouldn't do a thing.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Can you disable tap to wake on the X? Maybe phantom touches woke it up.

Juiceboy

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
This happens to my partners iPhone X and I can’t figure out why. No where near the phone. Not connected to anything and it randomly turns on with no notifications and then turns its self off again. It’s like raise to wake there’s no raising or any iPhone movement happening

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.