Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Has anyone ever seen this iPod? Does anybody have a picture? I have been collecting iPods for many years now, and I have never seen any of the special edition iPods (Tony Hawk, Beck, Madonna, No Doubt and Harry Potter) in real life only in pictures.

Now, the No Doubt iPod doesn't even exist in pictures... :confused:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I think it's because they sold very, very little of them, and they were always just collectables that people would have probably bought and stored away. I don't think they were selling them but for a few months even. I remember when the Harry Potter one came out.

This would have been during the 3rd generation iPod (the one with the red light up buttons).

EDIT: Found one, but sadly it's in a case:

DSCF0158.JPG

Fralle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I think it's because they sold very, very little of them, and they were always just collectables that people would have probably bought and stored away. I don't think they were selling them but for a few months even. I remember when the Harry Potter one came out.

This would have been during the 3rd generation iPod (the one with the red light up buttons).

EDIT: Found one, but sadly it's in a case:

Oh...that's THE holy grail to me :eek: although it's the Harry Potter Edition!
Actually it was the fourth generation with color screen, and later the fifth generation (as the one in the picture)! The No Doubt was the second generation...so I'm told ;)

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Well, I looked and I looked, and there is literally no trace of the old images from the website, even in the Wayback machine. Apple literally pulled the pages a month later apparently. Being that these were most likely printed on demand, we'll probably never see them in real-life shots either.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Nobody has ever seen the No Doubt edition :rolleyes:
I'll guess we should call it Big Doubt edition instead!

Is it possible to contact Apple in this matter? They should have reference material regarding all their products I suppose?? I have checked apple.com but cant find a relevant link or email address. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Fralle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2012
South part of North
http://www.nodoubt.com/news/default.aspx?nid=3335

This link says it was only available from the No Doubt website.

If you scroll to the bottom of the link below there is a picture of a No Doubt iPod.

http://fashioninmotion.wordpress.co...o-doubt-reuniting-and-lamb-collection-review/

Looks like it is a customised ipod by a 3rd party though!

Thanks for the information! But I think you are wrong. The date (2002) on the No Doubt webpage would suggest that its the second generation iPod just like the three other iPods, and the link points to apples webshop! The third generation Nano in the other link is in fact a third party product from 2008! NOT the iPod I'm looking for though! ;)

Attonine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2006
Kent. UK
I don't know if I'm wrong, but the site does say available only from the site and then link to the Apple site. Can't imagine they sold many at all, seems a very limited period. Would be interesting to know just how many of these various ltd editions were sold. Could be you are looking for something that had 0 units sold!

Fralle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I don't know if I'm wrong, but the site does say available only from the site and then link to the Apple site.

No offence mate, but I have been looking for this a looong time ;)
I think it was like this: You could only find the link to the ipod (http://www.apple.com/promo/ipod/nodoubt.html) at No Doubts webpage, but it was still Apple who produced them in january 2003.

Can't imagine they sold many at all, seems a very limited period. Would be interesting to know just how many of these various ltd editions were sold. Could be you are looking for something that had 0 units sold!

The thought has crossed my mind :(

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Found them...

Probably you won't believe me, but I have almost all of your iPods you was interested in, in one place… Only three are missing: Madonna's, Beck's and No Doubt's. But Tony Hawk iPod is there!

Image:

663215cc4e610c735baa94a504974f95.jpg

Last edited:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Probably you won't believe me, but I have almost all of your iPods you was interested in, in one place… Only three are missing: Madonna's, Beck's and No Doubt's. But Tony Hawk iPod is there!

Image:

So...you actually have a Tony Hawk iPod! First one I've ever seen IRL :eek:

One down three to go ;)
I have no illusion ever owning one of them...

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
I find it odd, considering it was the Rock Steady era. They were using two different logos, both which looked nothing like that.

Jessica, you can find it by yourself ;) I can provide you the link, however

----------

I find it odd, considering it was the Rock Steady era. They were using two different logos, both which looked nothing like that.

So, Jessica, here is link from back to 2002: http://nslog.com/2002/12/11/pretend_youre_a_hoodlum
Logo taken from here - http://toneandwave.blogspot.de/2010/09/no-doubt-live-at-mod-expo-1987.html

Questions? :)

Last edited:

satirev

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
I have the 4th gen classic harry potter edition, good condition, has been in a case most of its life. willing to part with it too if the price is right!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.