Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patrick.M

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
I am new to the forum so: Hey every body! I have a ipod Touch 4th gen with a Lifeproof case. The headphone adapter for the Lifeproof has broken so that only one earbud works now. Lifeproof does not make these adapters specifically for the ipod case. However I noticed that the ipod 5 case has what looks to be the same thread count. Will an ipod 5 headphone adapter work in my ipod 4 case?

Flamerocks

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2015
Headphone adapter for ipod touch (4th gen)

If you call Lifeproof they will send you one for free. There is a lifetime warranty on their cases. When you talk to them tell them you purchased it about a year ago & explain that the case is perfect. THIS WILL HELP YOU AVOID TAKING THE CASE APART & HAVING TO UPLOAD PICTURES ETC.!!! [/I]Tell them all you need is the threaded headphone adapter. They will ask you for your contact info & mailing address & will ship it to you ASAP at no charge.
HERE IS THEIR #; 888-533-0735.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Yeah, I suggest you call customer support, but the iPod 5 adaptor should work I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.