Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Hello Ivan P

Could you tell me if these features applys to the newest ipod touch? I have just purchased one and I need to know exactly what this particular ipod does.

Thanks, I have read most of your answers and I think you'd probably have the anwer to my question.

Cathrin24

All of these features will work on the newest iPod touch :)

heliockjent

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2010
Hello Everyone..
I have some information iphone feature might be it helpfull to you.

-General speed improvement in booting, app launching and performance
- Monitoring/debugging apps over Wi-Fi for developers
- Improved battery life for iPhone 3G & 3GS only
- Better accuracy in indicating battery percentage and battery percentage toggle for all devices
- When moving icons in the springboard, iPhone vibrates
- Voice Control for 3GS compatible with Bluetooth headsets
- Safari speed increases and Fraud Protection Toggle in Safari Settings
- Save video attachments to your photo album
- Toggle to password protect the “Find my iPhone”

fckm0nkey

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010
In your head.
WiFi Connection Error on 32GB iPod touch

Hi. My iPod touch is able to locate and join a network but I'm unable to browse the web, use any apps that use wifi properly even if the signal's on max. I've tried connecting to 4 different hot spots but I'm getting the same error. My friend was able to use safari and itunes on his iPod touch 8GB with no problems at all. What do I do?

I get messages like, "invalid argument", "cannot connect to iTunes", etc.

I'm also unable to update my firmware from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 while synced to iTunes. It says something like, "internal error" or something.

I've searched Google for solution but haven't found one. I just got my iPod touch yesterday. Should I have it replaced? Please help. :(

gawjus

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
Please can you help?

My boyfriend has a apple touch ipod and has been happy with it until now. The problem seems to be that the albums do not shuffle when your listerning to a play list and this use to work before. Can you please post a solution so he may correct it? thank you so much.:)

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
Ha, I can't find it either.
I think they have some kind of rule where you have to have x number of posts on the forum to access it.

Sorry for my ignorance, but where is this Marketplace, I cant see it in the forums listings?

janeus

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
linking ipod touch to a digital photo frame

What details do I need to know so that I can buy a digital photo frame that will play my video's that are stored on the IPod? (I need a bigger viewing screen as my sight deteriorates) Thanks Janeus

v2allen

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
My boyfriend has a apple touch ipod and has been happy with it until now. The problem seems to be that the albums do not shuffle when your listerning to a play list and this use to work before. Can you please post a solution so he may correct it? thank you so much.:)

Click shuffle in setttings and choose albums

Whats in the marketplace forum? :eek:

The Marketplace forum is provided as a service to qualified MacRumors members, allowing them to buy/sell/trade items they own with other members. The rules, which have been fine-tuned over time, are designed to make the Marketplace serve its purpose efficiently and to minimize problems.

All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum and are subject to these rules. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads for such purposes elsewhere in the forums.

The Marketplace is for individual-to-individual sales of personally owned items and is not to be used by or for any commercial business, to sell items purchased for resale purposes, or to promote fundraising efforts. If you represent a business looking to advertise on this site, contact MacRumors.

There are other websites more specifically devoted to buying, selling, and trading computer equipment, and to tracking buyer/seller reputations. The reason we have our own Marketplace is that it provides more focus on Apple products and is convenient for members who have had opportunities to learn to know each other.

Although items in the Marketplace are primarily Apple-related, they are not limited to Apple items.

Source: http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Home
How do you make a sticky and what happens if you still do make another thred like this?:confused:

You, as a member, can't. A moderator or administrator has to make it a 'sticky', meaning that it will always appear at the top of this forum even if it isn't posted in for a while. Basically, being a sticky, this topic is mod/admin approved and any other "features" topics in the iPod touch section are duplicates. If someone makes a topic like this then it will either not get posted in or closed.

Secruoser

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Can I use iPod touch as a pseudo phone now with internet voice-calling and wi-fi FaceTime? Also, is the camera same as iPhone 4's camera?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Excellent post! I don't know if this is the right thread but is there a way in the facebook and AIM application to sign out so you can sign into another screen name? I looked verywhere...

I'm not sure about AIM, but in the Facebook app if you go to the main screen (where it shows the icons for News Feed, Friends, Inbox, Chat, etc) there should be a logout button in the blue bar at the top of the screen.

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
Excellent post! I don't know if this is the right thread but is there a way in the facebook and AIM application to sign out so you can sign into another screen name? I looked verywhere...

For the AIM app, click on the Me tab at the bottom of the screen, then there should be a sign off button in the top right =)

EdBanger37

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
Just got the new iPod Touch 4G!

In the music tab, is there a possiblity to swap one of the 5 tabs on the bottom (Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, More) with something in the More section? I'd love to have a dedicated Podcast button, and i dont really go through my music by songs.

Yes i know this is a really silly thing, damn my ocd lol

ELBdelorean

macrumors member
May 18, 2010
Just got the new iPod Touch 4G!

In the music tab, is there a possiblity to swap one of the 5 tabs on the bottom (Playlist, Artist, Song, Album, More) with something in the More section? I'd love to have a dedicated Podcast button, and i dont really go through my music by songs.
l

On the "More" tab, select edit in the top left and just drag the ones you want to the bottom and vice versa.

RolyRolo

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2010
GENERAL
* If you're scrolling through a long document/page in an application - if you tap the bar at the top of your screen containing the time and battery, the application will automatically scroll up to the top of the document/page.
* To take a screenshot of any screen of your iPod (including the lock screen), hold the power and home buttons and release them. A white flash will appear on screen and a screenshot will appear in your Photos application.

khakls

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2010
screen went big

hi my ipod screen 3rd gen suddenly went big and i cant figure out hiw to put it back to normal mode. i tried the pinch motion of thumb n index finger but its not working. help..

hi my ipod screen 3rd gen suddenly went big and i cant figure out hiw to put it back to normal mode. i tried the pinch motion of thumb n index finger but its not working. help..

Try tapping the screen twice with three fingers. If that works, you might want to turn off Zoom to stop it happening again, so here's how to do it:

Open Settings>General>Accessibility>Zoom

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.