Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sp1n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
hi i doubt this is possible but i thought to ask anyway in case i am wrong..

I want to know if the facetime calls made and recieved are stored locally on the iphone ipod etc..

eg: i was on a call the other day and i thought i saw something in the background, i know want to see if its possible to bring up a video history of the call, so i can watch it again and see if what i thought i saw was real or not..

i made a search and unless i used an app like display recorder i havent found a solution to actually retrieve..

btw if not available that would definitely be a good tweak to have lol :)

thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Nothing gets automatically recorded on its own, so no, not really.

Sp1n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
if your phone recorded every FaceTime session your phone would be filled within a couple calls.

yeah i figured that may of been the case but didnt hurt to ask and confirm..

these days with compression it could be done, like allocate a certain amount of size and once filled it starts to over write old calls..

because i have noticed between using facetime & an app like tango, facetime uses much less data to make a video call then what 3rd party apps do..

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
yeah i figured that may of been the case but didnt hurt to ask and confirm..

these days with compression it could be done, like allocate a certain amount of size and once filled it starts to over write old calls..

because i have noticed between using facetime & an app like tango, facetime uses much less data to make a video call then what 3rd party apps do..

I'm pretty sure the amount of data it uses and the amount if storage it would take up is different.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Only Skype recording is possible, audio only and only on JB'n devices and only with the iPhone version, not the iPad-specific one.

No FaceTime recorders at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.