Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I think it is just wrong to tie everything with just a caffeine. So many variables.

How was your protein/carbs intake on that day?

I don't eat carbs except oatmeal for breakfast.

The rest is just grilled chicken, eggs, salad, fruit, sometimes milk, sometimes a few vegetables, sometimes a diet drink.
[automerge]1575326315[/automerge]
Given the topics of the threads you start on these threads, - and the various dramas, personal and personal (I was about to write "professional" after "personal", but I think a reiteration of "personal" suffices in these particular circumstances) played out on these threads - do you really think whatever anxiety you claim to suffer from is actually caused by caffeine?

Yeah I didn't drink a red bull today and I feel totally fine just sleepy tbh

I was a caffeine drinker for like many years maybe 8 or so every single day but finally gave it up several months ago.

Much happier without caffeine.
[automerge]1575326701[/automerge]
It’s the caffein.
[automerge]1575301809[/automerge]

It can do that, it’s drank in the mornings as a wake up soulution and may cause overtime anxiety.

Yeah I think it makes me anxious abuot things that are on my mind but wouldn't normally make me anxious without caffeine.

Last edited:

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Just a general FYI: fruits contains significant carbohydrates.

Bonus suggestion: stay away from Red Bull, that crap is toxic.

Wait why is red bull toxic? I’ve drank thousands over my lifetime no issues *knock on wood*

(1-2 a day for years before switching to coffee, and now zero caffeine)
[automerge]1575334535[/automerge]
I can get behind the vodka, but Red Bull is still craptacular :D

Yeah I used to do that when I was partying a lot not long ago but lately after finding a girl I’ve switched to red wine and quiet nights in with her. No more crazy nights out unfortunately. Sometimes with friends but generally no.

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
I don't eat carbs except oatmeal for breakfast.

The rest is just grilled chicken, eggs, salad, fruit, sometimes milk, sometimes a few vegetables, sometimes a diet drink.

Here is your answer right there. Your nutrition is very poor at best. It is true when they say that all the diseases are from poor nutrition.

I mean, I'm not an expert but where's the red meat? I like oatmeal myself but I don't feel good if oatmeal is my only carbs.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Here is your answer right there. Your nutrition is very poor at best. It is true when they say that all the diseases are from poor nutrition.

I mean, I'm not an expert but where's the red meat? I like oatmeal myself but I don't feel good if oatmeal is my only carbs.

Ok this is huge....

I thought I was eating healthy?

my goal is to burn fat, and build muscle.

or minimally burn fat.

What do I need to be eating?

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
Ok this is huge....

I thought I was eating healthy?

my goal is to burn fat, and build muscle.

or minimally burn fat.

What do I need to be eating?

For carbs I like sweet potato, buckwheat, corn. Corn chips is my poison.

Do you even eat red meat? Beside protein I believe it has B12 vitamin which is great for the nervous system.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
For carbs I like sweet potato, buckwheat, corn. Corn chips is my poison.

Do you even eat red meat? Beside protein I believe it has B12 vitamin which is great for the nervous system.

I've heard red meat isn't good for you...

So I stick with turkey, eggs, chicken.

I do love lamb though. Steak, burgers lol

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Let me guess: pharmaceutical companies who are selling you your anti-anxiety medication are telling you that?

im not taking any of those meds. I was prescribed an as needed one then ran out and didn’t get another script. Instead got something to take daily which didn’t suit me so got switched to something else to take as needed only but when I googled it it said it’s for blood pressure so I called my doc again and she said I could try another daily med or just come into her office again so idk

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
how is it poison? Caffeine, sugar, vitamins...?

and yea they’re pretty crazy lol but I like it!!

You don't eat red meat "because you have heard it isn't good for you" but you do take pure poison such as Red Bull?

Yet you wonder about whether coffee (which, at least, is a natural product, and one can determine what sort of coffee one likes or wants to drink, light roast, medium roast, dark roast, and so on) causes anxiety?

Rather than blaming coffee, try a balanced diet and a balanced lifestyle; that may help to ameliorate the anxiety.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: decafjava

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
You don't eat red meat "because you have heard it isn't good for you" but you do take pure poison such as Red Bull?

Yet you wonder about whether coffee (which, at least, is a natural product, and one can determine what sort of coffee one likes or wants to drink, light roast, medium roast, dark roast, and so on) causes anxiety?

Rather than blaming coffee, try a balanced diet and a balanced lifestyle; that may help to ameliorate the anxiety.
Not laughing at you, just the idea that good quality red meat is unhealthy while Red Bull is anything but gross. I don't mind the occasional Coke or Orangina but Red Bull "gives you wings" like Icarus' dad made for him. :rolleyes:

Anyhow OP I strongly suggest you give up all caffeinated drinks and eat more healthy, do sports if you don't already and do not stress about dating at all.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Not laughing at you, just the idea that good quality red meat is unhealthy while Red Bull is anything but gross. I don't mind the occasional Coke or Orangina but Red Bull "gives you wings" like Icarus' dad made for him. :rolleyes:

Anyhow OP I strongly suggest you give up all caffeinated drinks and eat more healthy, do sports if you don't already and do not stress about dating at all.

And they melted, if memory serves.

Reactions: decafjava

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016

Good luck with that. ?

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
And they melted, if memory serves.
Exactly.

800px-Gowy-icaro-prado.jpg

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I just had a red bull but the normal size cans.

I always used todrink the larger ones.

feel fine...no anxiety (yet...)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
OK, so you replied with this:

Wait why is red bull toxic? I’ve drank thousands over my lifetime no issues

... but also said this:

Hate to bring up an old thread but I had a Red Bull the other day. Felt GREAT.

So I had one again the following day and I've been so anxious ever since.

So clearly there are issues with consuming Red Bull. Also Red Bull has a ton of sugar, a 12oz has 37g, wow.

im not taking any of those meds. I was prescribed an as needed one then ran out and didn’t get another script. Instead got something to take daily which didn’t suit me so got switched to something else to take as needed only but when I googled it it said it’s for blood pressure so I called my doc again and she said I could try another daily med or just come into her office again so idk

WTSF? So you were prescribed something that's for high blood pressure? By a physician? Maybe you're misinterpreting some kind of "Can also be used to treat ..." info?

Reactions: yaxomoxay
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.