Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacInMotion

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I have a bunch of computers connected to a dual-link DVI-D KVM switcher. I would like to use the new LG UltraFine 4K display but it only has USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 inputs.

1. Is there any reasonable way to convert the DVI-D out from my KVM into an input for the LG display? (I expect the answer is no.)
2. Is there an alternative display that has 500 nits of P3 output that takes DVI-D or HDMI input? Doesn't even have to be 4K.

MacInMotion

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
"This Cable Creation USB C to DVI Cable enables you to connect a USB-C computer or phone to an DVI-equipped display."

There are tons of adapters like that, that let me connect a computer with a USB-C output to a monitor with a DVI-D input. What I am looking for is something else, which I have yet to see (and expect does not exist): an adapter that lets me connect a computer with a DVI-D output to the LG UltraFine 4K display's USB-C input.

csa819

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
Is there some reason you can't plug the DVI end into your DVI port on the computer and the USB C end into the monitor??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.