Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
I really don't think there is such thing as a best theme for coders.

You can always code on top of existing themes, preferably via child themes so you do not loose your code changes when updating the original theme.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
@rocknblogger What I mean is, what theme is he using? Is it possible to tell by the source code?
Got it. I’m looking at the source code to try and figure it out for you but no luck yet. Even though it looks I bit familiar to me it might be a custom built theme that he may have made himself. You can also try contacting him and ask which theme he’s using. Most blog owners usually are pretty responsive to that kind question.
[doublepost=1556667460][/doublepost]
@rocknblogger What I mean is, what theme is he using? Is it possible to tell by the source code?
@patent10021 Okay got it!!! This is the theme used on that website. It's called Casper.

Last edited:

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
how did you get it? But it says that theme hasn't been updated since 2015.
https://wordpress.org/themes/casper/

Also, I checked the theme but there is zero formatting for programming. So that means he's using a plugin?
He may have coded it to his needs and he may have made necessary Code changes to make it current. Or it simply still works out of the box even though it wasn’t updated. You can also Google “Casper WordPress Theme” to see if there’s another theme out there with the same name.

I didn’t dig into the theme but a good majority of themes have ways of publishing code examples and snippets. Or he added that functionality or he added a plugin for it. As I said before, reach out to him. He may surprise you with his willingness to answer your questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.