Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
Well my bright blue leather loop from chargerstore arrived today. As others have said, it came in a plastic bag with stickers over the end connectors. I’ve compared it to my OEM Forest green loop, and the markings are the same so happy with the purchase.

Reactions: twanj

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Just had the winning bid on a Apple 42mm Link Bracelet from chargerstore for $73.00 (amazing price). Now I just have to wait for it to be delivered.

Sorry if I out bid anyone on here right at the end.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Just had the winning bid on a Apple 42mm Link Bracelet from chargerstore for $73.00 (amazing price). Now I just have to wait for it to be delivered.

Sorry if I out bid anyone on here right at the end.
Sweet deal, you should be pleased.

... and you have no reason to be sorry if you outbid someone else at the end. Every bidder has the opportunity to set their highest bid anytime during the auction.

Reactions: CarlJ and bp328i

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Sweet deal, you should be pleased.

... and you have no reason to be sorry if you outbid someone else at the end. Every bidder has the opportunity to set their highest bid anytime during the auction.
I'm really not sorry...lol. I just added that to sound nice.

I'm looking forward to the bracelet, I have the SS S5 so I'm going to polish the bracelet to match the finish of the watch.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: deeddawg

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
I'm really not sorry...lol. I just added that to sound nice.

I'm looking forward to the bracelet, I have the SS S5 so I'm going to polish the bracelet to match the finish of the watch.

You’ll be very happy with it. I’m happy with my Space Black SS Bracelet that arrived last week.

You’ll probably remove some links so remember it’s a push button system to remove the links And try and balance the same number of links each side of the clasp.

Also, according to Apple, it’s not waterproof.

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
You’ll be very happy with it. I’m happy with my Space Black SS Bracelet that arrived last week.

You’ll probably remove some links so remember it’s a push button system to remove the links And try and balance the same number of links each side of the clasp.

Also, according to Apple, it’s not waterproof.
Thanks, yeah I know about the push button system (very nice way of doing it). I size all of my mechanical watches myself and always make sure I take one for one links from each side.

Didn't know about Apple saying it's not waterproof. I wonder if that has something to do with the mechanics of the push button system?

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
Thanks, yeah I know about the push button system (very nice way of doing it). I size all of my mechanical watches myself and always make sure I take one for one links from each side.

Didn't know about Apple saying it's not waterproof. I wonder if that has something to do with the mechanics of the push button system?
Not sure what it could be. Because Stainless Steel is resistant to rust so it does seem odd. But if you look at the Apple website product listing for either the silver or space black link bracelet, there’s a ‘Manufacturer Note’ that says “Strap is not water resistant.”

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Not sure what it could be. Because Stainless Steel is resistant to rust so it does seem odd. But if you look at the Apple website product listing for either the silver or space black link bracelet, there’s a ‘Manufacturer Note’ that says “Strap is not water resistant.”
Yeah I saw that on their site after you said something about it. Since the bracelet is Stainless I'm thinking the tiny mechanics (spring of some sort) that make the push button system work wouldn't be Stainless and they might be worried about water getting into it. But who knows...lol I won't be wearing it daily, for the most part I'll be using the black sports band.

I searched a bit but couldn't find a picture of one of the links taken apart.

c0mm0n

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Hey,

Thx for this thread, i took my chance and ordered a 38/40 link black used for 89$.
Got it today and it's nice, really minor wear touches.

But I have an issue with the butterfly mechanism which doesnt really work on one side, I kinda have to pull it with hand, the button wont open it. Nowhere this was mentionned in description.

I contacted the vendor before escalating to ebay.

If you know any trick to fix the mechanism, first time i have a link model.

Overall i'm still kinda happy for 89$ it could be acceptable, but the "new" model was 169$ and considering this defect i'd maybe rather have paid more to not have this issue.

I'll see what vendor says, will keep you posted.

V35EppmISjqYFXgScpX1kQ.jpg

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Well, I decided to give chargerstore a try, and pick up some things I'm annoyed I didn't get at the time (as an aside, why does Apple only sell boring colors of cases for non-current iPhones?). Second package arrived yesterday (each package took about 17 days to arrive), and everything appears genuine (including the serial number on the Leather Loop) and absolutely pristine (two of the Sports Bands still had the little backing plastic strips behind the pin). Colors in the photo are a touch off (slightly dark?), early morning natural light by a translucent window but heavily overcast:
  • Ultraviolet and Denim Blue Silicone Cases for the iPhone 8
  • Royal Blue, Pollen, and Concrete Sport Bands
  • Cape Cod Blue Leather Loop
Two Sports Bands and the Leather Loop arrived in little ziploc envelopes, the Royal Blue Sport Band and the two iPhone cases arrived in thin ziploc bags. Bands had bubble wrap wrapped around them, and everything was in a padded envelope (the Leather Loop was in a separate padded envelope that arrived a couple days ago). The cases and the Leather Loop were advertised as used, but I'd be very surprised if they actually were - they look right out of the package (my cases look more used after 2 days). Sports Bands were "new without tags" and I believe it. Very happy with the purchase, but I don't expect to be buying again soon simply because this filled in the gaps in my collection that I really wanted (not hunting for a complete set, just the colors I like - Royal Blue, in particular, I've been kicking myself for three years for not getting when it was in the Apple Stores). If I figure out something else I "need", I'll definitely buy again.

IMG_6459.jpg

Last edited:

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Well, I decided to give chargerstore a try, and pick up some things I'm annoyed I didn't get at the time (as an aside, why does Apple only sell boring colors of cases for non-current iPhones?). Second package arrived yesterday (each package took about 17 days to arrive), and everything appears genuine (including the serial number on the Leather Loop) and absolutely pristine (two of the Sports Bands still had the little backing plastic strips behind the pin). Colors in the photo are a touch off (slightly dark?), early morning natural light by a translucent window but heavily overcast:
  • Ultraviolet and Denim Blue Silicone Cases for the iPhone 8
  • Royal Blue, Pollen, and Concrete Sport Bands
  • Cape Cod Blue Leather Loop
Two Sports Bands and the Leather Loop arrived in little ziploc envelopes, the Royal Blue Sport Band and the two iPhone cases arrived in thin ziploc bags. Bands had bubble wrap wrapped around them, and everything was in a padded envelope (the Leather Loop was in a separate padded envelope that arrived a couple days ago). The cases and the Leather Loop were advertised as used, but I'd be very surprised if they actually were - they look right out of the package (my cases look more used after 2 days). Sports Bands were "new without tags" and I believe it. Very happy with the purchase, but I don't expect to be buying again soon simply because this filled in the gaps in my collection that I really wanted (not hunting for a complete set, just the colors I like - Royal Blue, in particular, I've been kicking myself for three years for not getting when it was in the Apple Stores). If I figure out something else I "need", I'll definitely buy again.

View attachment 877069
Nice, I have a Stainless bracelet and one of the older model (actually black) leather loops coming from the same seller.

c0mm0n

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Hey,

Thx for this thread, i took my chance and ordered a 38/40 link black used for 89$.
Got it today and it's nice, really minor wear touches.

But I have an issue with the butterfly mechanism which doesnt really work on one side, I kinda have to pull it with hand, the button wont open it. Nowhere this was mentionned in description.

I contacted the vendor before escalating to ebay.

If you know any trick to fix the mechanism, first time i have a link model.

Overall i'm still kinda happy for 89$ it could be acceptable, but the "new" model was 169$ and considering this defect i'd maybe rather have paid more to not have this issue.

I'll see what vendor says, will keep you posted.

View attachment 876043

Follow up: seller offered me to keep the band for 20$ (refunded 69$ from 89$ paid).

Accepted the offer, great deal, will order more.

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
My Stainless bracelet was delivered today and yeah, I’m very happy with it. I really didn’t think I was going to wear it that often, just special occasions and stuff like that but it’s probably going to be my daily. I also have a black leather loop coming from the same seller so that might end up being my daily.

I’m going to the Apple store tomorrow so I can compare it to the ones they have there.

Attachments

• 0789FD57-10B3-4F21-9452-A4063326F960.jpeg
    0789FD57-10B3-4F21-9452-A4063326F960.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 54E6FEAE-860B-4DC9-875C-8DA6074735DF.jpeg
    54E6FEAE-860B-4DC9-875C-8DA6074735DF.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 3FB2CC60-CDEE-481B-BE59-5C97C066317D.jpeg
    3FB2CC60-CDEE-481B-BE59-5C97C066317D.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 339
  • F6517C46-EF71-4E0C-89B9-67ADC272ACC5.jpeg
    F6517C46-EF71-4E0C-89B9-67ADC272ACC5.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 86CCAF41-7EF4-48D7-8A5A-E5F540EE217D.jpeg
    86CCAF41-7EF4-48D7-8A5A-E5F540EE217D.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 303
  • AC84863A-5B9F-4BE1-BEAA-2CD7EF0D23C6.jpeg
    AC84863A-5B9F-4BE1-BEAA-2CD7EF0D23C6.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

ibarnett

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
My Stainless bracelet was delivered today and yeah, I’m very happy with it. I really didn’t think I was going to wear it that often, just special occasions and stuff like that but it’s probably going to be my daily. I also have a black leather loop coming from the same seller so that might end up being my daily.

I’m going to the Apple store tomorrow so I can compare it to the ones they have there.
Yes, I received mine last week from a similar seller, $135 Australian dollars.
I previously had a $25 copy, which, in fact was OK. The links were removed in the old fashioned way, but it really looked OK.
However the "genuine" was much better - quality + link removal in Apple fashion.

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Yes, I received mine last week from a similar seller, $135 Australian dollars.
I previously had a $25 copy, which, in fact was OK. The links were removed in the old fashioned way, but it really looked OK.
However the "genuine" was much better - quality + link removal in Apple fashion.
I just got back from my local Apple store and the bracelet I bought from chargerstore is identical to the one at the store.

He must either work or know someone who works at Apple and the items he sells find their way out of the factory.

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007

Congratulations!!

Yeah I did a comparison with my friend who has the Stainless Steel link bracelet bought from Apple (for £449). We couldn't find a difference between the two.

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
Seeing as this thread is pretty old, prices have gone up! Trying to get a 42mm black link.
Open Box (without box) is $258
New other is $215
Pre-owned is $198

I sent an offer for a pre-owned of $129, we’ll see.

Reactions: techno-Zen

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Seeing as this thread is pretty old, prices have gone up! Trying to get a 42mm black link.
New other is $215
Pre-owned is $198

Yup. I just rejoined the SB team after moving to regular SS for a while. I was hoping to get another SB link but now I'm not sure at those prices.
[automerge]1574693050[/automerge]
New other is $215
Pre-owned is $198

LOL, good luck. He counterd to no joke, $2 less than his ask

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
Yup. I just rejoined the SB team after moving to regular SS for a while. I was hoping to get another SB link but now I'm not sure at those prices.
[automerge]1574693050[/automerge]

LOL, good luck. He counterd to no joke, $2 less than his ask

Well I got him from $198 down to $185 but that’s gonna be a pass for me. I’d rather spend the extra and get one of his higher quality ones if that makes sense. Nobody here who has purchased his top quality link has had anything bad to say about it.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Well I got him from $198 down to $185 but that’s gonna be a pass for me. I’d rather spend the extra and get one of his higher quality ones if that makes sense. Nobody here who has purchased his top quality link has had anything bad to say about it.
Honestly.. the allure is there. But I never wore the band when I owned it.

But in the past I paid much less I think around $120 for the SB and I won an auction on a SS for $90

bp328i

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Keep an eye on his auctions. I got a seller refurbished Stainless Steel for $73.00 and have zero issues with it. Once I wiped it down it looks brand new.

I have a black leather loop that is out for delivery today from the same seller. It's the old version that really is black and not dark gray.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
Just wanna thank this thread. I picked up a linked bracelet for $80 something dollars via the auction. I’m excited to have this band that I’ve wanted since the original. I’m excited to finally get this.

farfromovin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
Just wanna thank this thread. I picked up a linked bracelet for $80 something dollars via the auction. I’m excited to have this band that I’ve wanted since the original. I’m excited to finally get this.

Nice! I gave up on the used ones and bit the bullet on a new SS 42 link for $147 I think. Much more than the other grades, but much less than $349!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.