Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I changed the code in the wide.js, tall.js (for the processes) an the core.js (for the external ip).

Now I keep getting this entry in the system.log everytime I call the dashboard:
WindowServer[103]: _CGXSetWindowHasKeyAppearance: Operation on a window 0x559 requiring rights kCGSWindowRightOwner by caller Dashboard

This happens until I "uninstall" the iStat Pro-Widget.

Does anybody know the correct permissions for these files? Mine are (after the changes):
ls -la
-rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername staff 20712 19 Feb 14:53 Tall.js
-rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername staff 22782 19 Feb 14:51 Wide.js

Since the permission and the ownership does not differ from the other files, I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any hint,
lxc

No ideas here....but my modified files are the same permissions as yours and I don't get that message:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername staff 20712 Jul 28 2012 Tall.js
-rw-r--r--@ 1 myusername staff 22782 Jul 26 2012 Wide.js

-Kevin

Cayennr

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Skopje, Macedonia
woots, thanks to everyone here for all the tips! yeah for me its not that istat menus can't do the stuff istat pro can, its just that my menu bar is WAY too cluttered with a million things already, i prefer it on my dashboard.

here's the widget with all the tweaks and updates suggested in this thread. i only got iStat pro though

Thanks, pal!

Norskman

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
It's easy to fix iStat Pro processes for Mountain Lion

Steps:

1. Locate your widget, it will be under /Library/Widgets or ~/Library/Widgets
2. Right click it and select: "Show Package Contents"
3. Open Wide.js or Tall.js file in some editor (Wide is for horizontal view, Tall for vertical)

4. Locate the line

Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

5. Save the changes

6. remove widget and re-add it Dashboard, and it should be fixed

This worked perfectly for iStat Nano as well. For those using the Nano widget all you need to do is update the same value but in workers.js.

Thank you!

Hungry&Foolish

Suspended
Mar 29, 2012
woots, thanks to everyone here for all the tips! yeah for me its not that istat menus can't do the stuff istat pro can, its just that my menu bar is WAY too cluttered with a million things already, i prefer it on my dashboard.

here's the widget with all the tweaks and updates suggested in this thread. i only got iStat pro though

Thanks to you and everyone who made this useful widget working.

Zillion

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
The Netherlands

Hey thx for the widget, I installed it in Mountain Lion but where can I find it?? I tried to reinstall it but it says the widget is allready installed. Now I hardly use launchpad but its not there it seems.

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
It's in the Dashboard list and the file is stored under your Home Library/Widgets.

Dashboard button/F4 then + button

Go>Go to Folder> ~/Library/Widgets

wiz7dome

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
it's easy to fix istat pro processes for mountain lion

steps:

1. Locate your widget, it will be under /library/widgets or ~/library/widgets
2. Right click it and select: "show package contents"
3. Open wide.js or tall.js file in some editor (wide is for horizontal view, tall for vertical)

4. Locate the line

change "pid|$1" to "pid| $1" (add space before $ sign)

5. Save the changes

6. Remove widget and re-add it dashboard, and it should be fixed

you rock!!!

saldin

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
Thank you very much to everyone who contributed!

I'm using 10.8.3 and made all the changes posted in this thread but I'm still having a few issues and I hope you can help me out: wifi traffic is not logged and it just shows "in: 0KB/s | out: 0KB/s". Also, the used and free disk space stats are using 1024 bytes per KB like on Leopard. And last, the battery state is always "Charged" (no 'discharging' nor 'charging'). But I'm more concerned about the traffic stat...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

hexeric

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2013
any idea how to get the HDD temperature to show with a similar trick? thanks for restoring my faith in this little tool - thought i had to live with it not showing processes.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
It's easy to fix iStat Pro processes for Mountain Lion

That's really cool! I knew there'd be a simple fix like that.

Don't suppose there's a way to make the CPU temperature show up on the 2012 iMac?

Edit: Ah, just noticed there are a lot more replies in this thread. Don't suppose anyone's managed to fix the CPU temp?

wiz7dome

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
Giving iStat to the community?!

On the off chance the (former) developers of iStat pro are reading this thread, it'd be really cool if they went the way of CandyBar. That is, its unsupported but given to the mac community in a way.

hate to see such a good app/widget just fade away.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
Is it me or does anyone else's iStat Widget work just fine without any of these tweaks on ML?

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Is it me or does anyone else's iStat Widget work just fine without any of these tweaks on ML?

It isn't a problem on my 2011 11" MBA, it has everything I want, but on my 2012 21.5" iMac, I can't see the CPU temperature.

----------

It depends on where you got your widget. There are some copies floating around that have the tweaks already embedded.

Don't suppose there's one with the 2012 iMac CPU temp?

Could someone list all the tweaks that we know of?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Don't suppose there's one with the 2012 iMac CPU temp?

Could someone list all the tweaks that we know of?

See post #134 in this thread. All the tweaks are described in this thread. I'm not sure if your particular issue is covered by those tweaks.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
It depends on where you got your widget. There are some copies floating around that have the tweaks already embedded.

I got it from their site...I mean...would it look fully functional like this if it wasn't working?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 8.34.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 8.34.27 PM.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 547

uberfu

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
Another vote for iStat Menus. It works great and it looks really nice too!

iStat Menus 3 woop woop.
Sorry but iStat Menus fails.

You have to pull down a bunch of drop downs to glance at the information.

iStat Pro - I can press a single key - Dashboard launches - and I can see all the information I need at a glance without having to click multiple menu items or do a balancing act by hovering my mouse over something.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Sorry but iStat Menus fails.
I hardly ever use dashboard, so for me Menus works better - for me.

Most of the time, all I need is the information displayed in the Menu bar. I mostly use iStat to monitor network traffic and cpu usage, and the small graphs displayed in the menu are enough information for me.

This would, of course, just be my opinion. Sorry if I offended you.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
I hardly ever use dashboard, so for me Menus works better - for me.

Most of the time, all I need is the information displayed in the Menu bar. I mostly use iStat to monitor network traffic and cpu usage, and the small graphs displayed in the menu are enough information for me.

This would, of course, just be my opinion. Sorry if I offended you.

We can all have our opinions, so I'm just gonna pitch in.

Personally I like to keep the icons in the menubar low and not have ones that constantly refresh. Having more icons makes it more cluttered and wastes space, on top of this, on screens with lower resolutions like the MacBooks, even adding just a few icons causes a big loss of space.

Same thing applies to the dock; I've never understood those people who insist on cramming every single icon they can in their dock, and not in any particular order either. How did they even find the time to make their dock chock full of ****?

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
We can all have our opinions, so I'm just gonna pitch in.

Personally I like to keep the icons in the menubar low and not have ones that constantly refresh. Having more icons makes it more cluttered and wastes space, on top of this, on screens with lower resolutions like the MacBooks, even adding just a few icons causes a big loss of space.

Same thing applies to the dock; I've never understood those people who insist on cramming every single icon they can in their dock, and not in any particular order either. How did they even find the time to make their dock chock full of ****?
For the menu bar, you may always use bartender.

For the dock.. I feel you. I try to keep my dock as tidy as possible only having the apps I use the most in there. Then I have the Apps folder so I can open up apps I don't use that often. I don't understand people who just throw it all in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.