Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pti'Luc

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
Just an update for 10.9.....seems that my changes above to fix the double bars is broken again in 10.9. To fix this follow the same instructions, just remove the changes....or comment them with /* */

-Kevin

It's not broken again, the bug is fixed! ;-) You can also replace the "-4" with a "0" and keep the lines for future bug/features! ;-)

oswjim

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
Hi

I noticed that memory count is broken since the new "compressed" feature in mavericks ... my imac has 6GB physical RAM, and istat is showing just 5GB .. the 1GB used for compressed memory is gone --

Rgds

pti'Luc

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
the 1GB used for compressed memory is gone
Really? Compared to the Activity Monitor?

This is my output with 8 GB memory:
attachment.php

Btw. anyone a good idea how to add IPv6 to the network part?

Attachments

• Schnappschuss (2013-12-02 16.56.59).png
    Schnappschuss (2013-12-02 16.56.59).png
    27.4 KB · Views: 10,343

rmcinnes

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2011
Perth Australia
iMac 27 Retina [10.10] iStat Pro works fine...

kbmb,
Like others on this forum, I do like iStat Pro...
I tried iStat Menus, and dumped it immediately [too much stuff in the menu bar, and too much overhead].
iStat Pro was installed on my previous Mac, an iMac 24 (Early 2009).
When starting up the iMac 27 Retina, I use Setup Assistant to move everything over from a Carbon Copy Clone backup.

iStatPro came over, and worked perfectly..

I note one issue: the ambient temperature is wrong reading 9C, about 15C low.
It could be that other temperatures are also reading low.

Is there an Apple Utility I could use to display the temperatures, so I can determine if it is iStat Pro, or an internal hardware firmware fault.

Thanks,
Robert.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 13.28.01.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 13.28.01.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 533

Levina

macrumors regular
May 29, 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
It's easy to fix iStat Pro processes for Mountain Lion

Steps:

1. Locate your widget, it will be under /Library/Widgets or ~/Library/Widgets
2. Right click it and select: "Show Package Contents"
3. Open Wide.js or Tall.js file in some editor (Wide is for horizontal view, Tall for vertical)

4. Locate the line

Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

5. Save the changes

6. remove widget and re-add it Dashboard, and it should be fixed

I was looking for a way to get Processes to show in iStat Pro in El Capitan and this did the trick. Brilliant. Thanks very much.

chaimk

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013
I'm looking for a way to make the widget work under El Capitan. I'm not sure where to even download the widget from. Any pointers?

From what I can tell, it's still compatible with El Capitan (albeit with the caveats that have been listed in earlier messages regarding Mountain Lion et al). For the basic hardware and networking functions, it seems to be working just fine. This is the 2nd computer I've manually copied it onto 'cause I still love it!

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
I have now updated the icon so it should be about the same size as the others.
I don't know if it's ok to upload the complete app here. But since it's a free application and the support is dropped I will do that anyway.

I modified iStat Pro as buduls and kbmb described. Thanks both of you for contributing these code fixes!

I also applied buduls code fix to the iStat nano.

Both the complete applications and only the icons are attached below.
View attachment 363321
View attachment 363317
View attachment 363324

After loosing my MacBook for a few weeks, I'm still re applying this Stats pro fix.Excellent :)

fuchs

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2016
Germany
I have now updated the icon so it should be about the same size as the others.
I don't know if it's ok to upload the complete app here. But since it's a free application and the support is dropped I will do that anyway.

I modified iStat Pro as buduls and kbmb described. Thanks both of you for contributing these code fixes!

I also applied buduls code fix to the iStat nano.

Both the complete applications and only the icons are attached below.
View attachment 363321
View attachment 363317
View attachment 363324
Though it's a bit late (4 years) I'd like to thank zepman (post #98) and all the others concerning the iStat Pro. It now even works on my mini with El Capitan!

Suresh92

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2017
Hello guys.

Just a question. I have a MacBook Air 2012 and I updated to High Sierra.
When I try to add IStat Pro it crashes instantly. Anyone have the same problem and a solution to it?

Thanks

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Just a question. I have a MacBook Air 2012 and I updated to High Sierra.
When I try to add IStat Pro it crashes instantly. Anyone have the same problem and a solution to it?
I have that, too. I have seen iStat Pro stop working in a similar fashion on previous macOS betas.
Perhaps some later beta for High Sierra, iStat Pro may begin working again. There's no real assurance of that, but I do remember that it crashed on first one or two Sierra betas, then magically was working in a later beta for Sierra. Maybe the same will happen as High Sierra approaches release.

Gyffes

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
I have that, too. I have seen iStat Pro stop working in a similar fashion on previous macOS betas.
Perhaps some later beta for High Sierra, iStat Pro may begin working again. There's no real assurance of that, but I do remember that it crashed on first one or two Sierra betas, then magically was working in a later beta for Sierra. Maybe the same will happen as High Sierra approaches release.

Alas, High Sierra is 64-bit only, no?
My hope was that one of you enterprising geniuses had recrafted iSpro for this newer snazzier OS. Truly, it's one of my Most Used tools when I troubleshoot computers (or help people learn how to troubleshoot their own).

So, if iStatPro is really and truly dead, I guess we return the thread to it's original question: What Now?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Alas, High Sierra is 64-bit only, no?
My hope was that one of you enterprising geniuses had recrafted iSpro for this newer snazzier OS. Truly, it's one of my Most Used tools when I troubleshoot computers (or help people learn how to troubleshoot their own).

So, if iStatPro is really and truly dead, I guess we return the thread to it's original question: What Now?
You are incorrect. High Sierra will still run 32-bit apps. It's just that no developer will be updating anything 32-bit, without a code rewrite to 64-bit.

Anyway, the iStat Pro dashboard widget continues to work fine for me in latest High Sierra 10.13.1 beta 2.

tassos

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2013
It's easy to fix iStat Pro processes for Mountain Lion

Steps:

1. Locate your widget, it will be under /Library/Widgets or ~/Library/Widgets
2. Right click it and select: "Show Package Contents"
3. Open Wide.js or Tall.js file in some editor (Wide is for horizontal view, Tall for vertical)
4. Locate the line
Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

PERFECT!! THANK YOU...IT STILL WORKS AFTER ALMOST 10 YEARS!!
This EXCELLENT little program is still useful after all these years and still works in High Sierra!!

I saw in comments above that iStat pro is not working. The iStat Nano that I'm using works fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Donfor39
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.