Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011
That's really interesting. Why would my parents be able to update with their pc but I couldn't on my Mac? Both of us are on the same network.

jeff0514

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
How does one go about changing DNS settings in Apple Airport extreme? Or do I have to change on cable modem?

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
How does one go about changing DNS settings in Apple Airport extreme? Or do I have to change on cable modem?

you use airport utility to change the dns settings. click on your router in the map of your network that shows up when you open airport utility. click edit and go to the internet tab. put the IP addresses of your DNS servers and click update. wait a few minutes if your router needs to restart.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Has anyone, that had trouble updating yesterday/this morning due to IP being blocked, successfully updated now (meaning their IP is unblocked).

Wise87

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Just to add, I only changed the DNS on my apple devices and not my router if that helps anyone. On my network I use static IP's.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Just to add, I only changed the DNS on my apple devices and not my router if that helps anyone. On my network I use static IP's.

No, tried to update at school with faster internet connection. Still no go. Now, this is the fourth day i am trying to update. Still same thing. God, this is annoying.

b3ll4x

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
Here's how you fix it:

Go to the DNS portion of your Network settings. Write down your current settings (just incase you want to go back to them). Then change your DNS to:

This is the Google Public DNS settings. I was having issues all day, then I changed my settings and BAM! Downloaded right away. Now, I did change back to my original DNS settings because I don't know how secure Google is, but if you pop over to their DNS, you should be able to get the update.

Thanks so much! Worked right away!

normanadvardo

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2017
Here's how you fix it:

Go to the DNS portion of your Network settings. Write down your current settings (just incase you want to go back to them). Then change your DNS to:

This is the Google Public DNS settings. I was having issues all day, then I changed my settings and BAM! Downloaded right away. Now, I did change back to my original DNS settings because I don't know how secure Google is, but if you pop over to their DNS, you should be able to get the update.

OOO!! happy day that was the thing dudee thanks alot dude. you are the MAN!! Thumbs UP buddyy!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.