Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeDog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
If people want to call it an iTouch......good luck to them.

It sounds mighty cool to tell the truth.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Isn't the real iTouch like a microsoft keyboard or something?

Well a keyboard made for a PC, but I don't think it was made by Microsoft.

There is also another iTouch, made by a company called Pasen.
It's basically a rip off iPod touch, it doesn't have Internet or apps.
The resolution also sucks, it's a lot thicker, and is only available in 2GB and 4GB.

kblessinggr

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
Grand Rapids, Mi
This very problem has cost me double my money... I had to register itouchanswers.com AND ipodtouchanswers.com damn you all for costing me an extra 7$ and making the first one sound like a "do I have herpes?" site.

:D hehe.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
the same should be done with MAC and mac. we all know what they are talking about without people having to chime in, whats a MAC, meadia access control or whatever else they say to just cause trouble

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
MAC is also a number your computer or other device has; kinda like an IP address.
I'm not to sure as to what it does.
If serious, Wikipedia is your friend.

Common ways that I've seen referring to the iPod touch:
  • iPod touch
  • iPod Touch
  • iTouch
  • itouch
  • Touch
  • touch

Apple refers to it as the iPod touch. So to me that would be the correct way to refer to it.

Of course, balance is needed. On the one hand, a device should be referred to by its correct name. On the other hand, this is a forum for rumors and such and is not a grammar 101 class.

Personally, as long as it is clear as to what a poster is referring to it really doesn't matter to me. All I know is that I like my 1st Gen touch, er. Touch, er. itouch, er. iTouch, er. iPod Touch, er. iPod touch! :)

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Out of all the things in the world to get annoyed about, people really get annoyed about someone referring to an iPod Touch as an iTouch? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.