Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim Harrison

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2018
Los Angeles
Hi everyone!

When I try to connect my IPhone 6 to ITunes I constantly receive error 0xE8000015.
I have no guess why that happen.

Attachments

• 0xe8000015-error.jpg
    0xe8000015-error.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 614

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Going to throw out some random stuff, as I have not run into this issue.

Running latest iTunes on Windows 7 or better?

Tried different cable or sync via wifi? Sister recently had issues with connecting to iTunes, and after doing updates, seemed to be issue with some squirrelly Apple cables: my Amazon Basics, her hubby's after market, and one Apple cable in different room worked, but the everyday cables in the wall o' chargers had issues connecting to iTunes (all Apple cables that came with the gizmos).

KevinJr2013

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
Denver, Colorado, the US
Hi everyone!

When I try to connect my IPhone 6 to ITunes I constantly receive error 0xE8000015.
I have no guess why that happen.

Exactly, cables are common reason for this error.
Check Itunes updates and try to use another sync cable.

One of the reasons can be broken or dirty USB port , if you switch to another port that can work. I've found this explanation here. ;)

Jim Harrison

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2018
Los Angeles
Thank you guys!

I used another lightning cable to connect my IPhone and everything works now perfectly.
Many thanks for your suggestions.

dashihehou

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
Going to throw out some random stuff, as I have not run into this issue.

Running latest iTunes on Windows 7 or better?

Tried different cable or sync via wifi? Sister recently had issues with connecting to iTunes, and after doing updates, seemed to be issue with some squirrelly Apple cables: my Amazon Basics, her hubby's after market, and one Apple cable in different room worked, but the everyday cables in the wall o' chargers had issues connecting to iTunes (all Apple cables that came with the gizmos).
I tried all methods you have recommend, but at last, I searched on Google, and change settings on iTunes, at last, I've connect iPhone to iTunes with success.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I tried all methods you have recommend, but at last, I searched on Google, and change settings on iTunes, at last, I've connect iPhone to iTunes with success.
So what exactly did you find in your search that helped you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.