Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tylerksloan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
i just got done jailbraking my brother in laws ipod touch with greenpoision the reason we wanted to do this is because he wanted 3rd party apps and i jailbroke it in under 10 min .

every thing works great on it but one small problem when i connect it to itunes it tells me i need to restore because it was in DFU mode how can i get around this ? we forgot to back it up before the jailbrake
here are the specs on it it also has cydia.

version 4.2.1
model mc086ll

tylerksloan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
As far as turning it off then back on ? I have but I have not hooked it up to iTunes yet I've also been told that if I hold the power and home buttons for ten seconds that will make iTunes read it

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
As far as turning it off then back on ? I have but I have not hooked it up to iTunes yet I've also been told that if I hold the power and home buttons for ten seconds that will make iTunes read it

Holding the home and power button together for around 10 seconds makes the iPod reboot from whatever point the iPod is in (Recovery Mode, From Springboard, etc).

I actually think that your device is in recovery mode still. I suggest running an app called "recboot" to kick it out of recovery mode.

Here is the download link for Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?qpcp13joc83e7n3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.