Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sanddoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2019
I can see Itunes bring up a lot of different feelings. A good friend of mine has complained for years about it
I just always laughed telling her she must of done something wrong..Itunes took all her music...so she says.
I've always found it hard to place music into Itunes, I don't know why just is..
But I had a crash on my Macbook, and my only music was on my Ipbone.. with no way of transfering it back to
my Mac... When I thought a found a way, and read the directions very carefully, (sync over Wi Fi)
I lost even my Iphone music... The site I was reading said it was sync Iphone to Mac...
oh well, I'll live
another thing I noticed is that on Icloud I have lots of songs that I did not purchase, did not download
to my Mac. Never had them in Itunes...
So I like many I'm looking for a replacement that will allow me to transfer to my Iphone in both directions...
I've said my piece... I'm looking at a new music program now... hope it's good
Best

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I can see Itunes bring up a lot of different feelings. A good friend of mine has complained for years about it
I just always laughed telling her she must of done something wrong..Itunes took all her music...so she says.
I've always found it hard to place music into Itunes, I don't know why just is..
But I had a crash on my Macbook, and my only music was on my Ipbone.. with no way of transfering it back to
my Mac... When I thought a found a way, and read the directions very carefully, (sync over Wi Fi)
I lost even my Iphone music... The site I was reading said it was sync Iphone to Mac...
oh well, I'll live
another thing I noticed is that on Icloud I have lots of songs that I did not purchase, did not download
to my Mac. Never had them in Itunes...
So I like many I'm looking for a replacement that will allow me to transfer to my Iphone in both directions...
I've said my piece... I'm looking at a new music program now... hope it's good
Best

Fascinating post.

In my experience, iTunes used to be - and the past tense is deliberate - brilliant; easy to install, easy to use, and seamless and reliable.

However, over the past number of years, I have found it a lot harder to use, and it is no longer easy or seamless or intuitive.

The entire music memory of one of my iPods vanished, too, a few years ago, after I attempted to synch it.

And my iPod Touch is unusable.

Reactions: retta283

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Fascinating post.

In my experience, iTunes used to be - and the past tense is deliberate - brilliant; easy to install, easy to use, and seamless and reliable.

However, over the past number of years, I have found it a lot harder to use, and it is no longer easy or seamless or intuitive.

The entire music memory of one of my iPods vanished, too, a few years ago, after I attempted to synch it.

And my iPod Touch is unusable.
I have to agree, I think iTunes 4 was the best version, 8 was pretty good too. 11 and 12 were not very good.

I do not know if I will ever experience the Music app in Catalina, I am not upgrading any time soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.