Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Jus bought this case for my new 12.9 inch 2018 iPad Pro. I did not like the folio or the Smart Keyboard because of the lack of mounting angles. This case fits the bill because i can slant it almost flat and use the rather large on-screen keyboard so I don’t need to carry a separate keyboard with me. The pencil holder is a nice bonus.

its pricey at 60 bucks but well worth it.

emokidsloveme

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2015
I jus repurchased this case. Frankly, I am quite disappointed in it. Unfortunately I haven’t found anything better. Some of the concerns I have after using it a few days.
  1. I like to write hand notes, and the lowest angle level is just two high for my preference.
  2. Without the pencil on the side of the case in the charging slot, the side of the case is flexible and pushes out of the way when you try to hold it.
  3. It takes more effort to flip open, pull out the kickstand than the typical trifold cases. Just takes longer and a bit more frustrating.
  4. It’s heavy.
  5. The top cover doesn’t always close properly.
I just haven’t been able to find the perfect case for me.

The items I really like about the case:
  1. The slot on the side to charge the pencil when the pencil is in it, it really protects the pencil and easy to carry without worrying about the pencil falling out.
  2. The extra pencil slot on the back.
I have similar feelings. I don’t love it either. I hate that the sides pull back when you pick it up. They could have made it rigid and it would have been old school speck amazing. It’s not.

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
One happy camper here with the purchase on "Black Friday 2018" of the "Zugu Case" for my new iPad 9.7"and I just ordered another "Zugu Case" for my new Mac Mini 5 which will arrive next week.

Last edited:

Hustler

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
Question for you zugu case folks. When you have it in the most upright position with the magnet back leg piece down in that groove, can you take a picture with the back camera and not have the bottom of the case be in the pic or is it in the field of vision?

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Got the Zugu 12.9 inch case for IPP 3rd gen. Echo what everyone says in that it is an excellent though expensive case. Is reasonably lightweight and offers good Apple Pencil protection along with the pencil slot on the back. The multiple viewing angles are nice and strong. Despite its high price it offers better value for money when compared to other high end cost cases. My use case is using it on sofa, bed, and on my lap - works very well with all three. Sometimes use it also type and works fine.

Reactions: sat24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.