Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Well I finally broke down and purchased the 11 Pro Max in Silver. I actually went into the store to either get the 11 Pro or maybe the XS Max. I walked out with an 11 Pro Max. I have never purchased a current year iphone...never had the money. I went net door to Walmart and purchased a glass screen protector and a clear back case. Yes the phone is a little bit heavier than my 8+ and it also doesn't match the colors of my other apple products....but I'm happy.

The transfer process was so easy....I didn't need to use Itunes....everything copied over and was done. I love FaceID. I need to set up other profile without my glasses on but that's okay. I'm going to a concert tonight and I'm looking forward to the pictures/videos I'm going to take. I love tech and pretty excited about this phone as much as I was with my first iphone the 4s. Just wanted to share.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Well I finally broke down and purchased the 11 Pro Max in Silver. I actually went into the store to either get the 11 Pro or maybe the XS Max. I walked out with an 11 Pro Max. I have never purchased a current year iphone...never had the money. I went net door to Walmart and purchased a glass screen protector and a clear back case. Yes the phone is a little bit heavier than my 8+ and it also doesn't match the colors of my other apple products....but I'm happy.

The transfer process was so easy....I didn't need to use Itunes....everything copied over and was done. I love FaceID. I need to set up other profile without my glasses on but that's okay. I'm going to a concert tonight and I'm looking forward to the pictures/videos I'm going to take. I love tech and pretty excited about this phone as much as I was with my first iphone the 4s. Just wanted to share.
Yea that scanning the code thing for transferring to a new phone is great. Just had to jump through some hoops with ours because we had beta on the old phones.
[automerge]1575654043[/automerge]
Congrats on the new phone! My Faceid works with glasses and it was setup without wearing them and no second profile, have you tried to unlock the phone wearing your glasses yet?
Yea and mine is the other way. I set it up with glasses, and I never have a problem unlocking without them.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
Sounds like a nice new device! I have the 11 and I love it so I imagine the pro version is just as good if not better

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
Great choice, congrats! I treated myself with a midnight green one of the same a some weeks ago and am still impressed with it. Switched from an XR and had pretty much every iPhone model (skipped the 5s and the 6s), IMO this is by far the best phone I had in the last 10 years.

ACB 123

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015
I too just purchase Pro Max 64 from a 6+ 64. Lots to learn. Looking for a good screen protector!!

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Try the night shot mode out. It's awesome!

Congrats on the new phone! My Faceid works with glasses and it was setup without wearing them and no second profile, have you tried to unlock the phone wearing your glasses yet?

Same. It also works with my sunglasses (but not all sunglasses).

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Yeah, if my Xs Max still makes me giddy, I could only imagine the 11 Pro Max with night mode, wide lense and faster processor.

Congrats on your purchase. If I do decide to upgrade, I'm torn between the silver and space grey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetcat3

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Okay so 3 days and 1 concert later...wow. I took my phone off the charger Saturday at 7:30 and I haven't charged it yet. Right now I'm at 29%...true I've not used it as heavy as I usually do but still...wow. Friday night the pictures and the video from the concert were awesome. They would have been better if I had have known a couple of tricks before the concert but I'm still happy. I'm very impressed with this phone so far more than I was with the 8+.

Crichton333

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2014
Okay so 3 days and 1 concert later...wow. I took my phone off the charger Saturday at 7:30 and I haven't charged it yet. Right now I'm at 29%...true I've not used it as heavy as I usually do but still...wow.

Wait it's Sunday, 48 hours of light use and 29%... the concert was friday so thats not included. Seems kinda off.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
We broke too, Mrs does a lot of Instagram photos on her account, and I love the great battery life for my travelling with work + the higher Nits count for using my Drone during the day

I was so sure we wouldn’t be upgrading from our XS Max’s....but the improvements are a massive leap and we are extremely happy

...and that Midnight Green looks fantastic in the flesh ?

Last edited:

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Okay so 2 weeks and 3 days later thoughts about the phone. Weight is a little bit of an issue but not bad I like stainless steel so I'm good.
Pros: Awesome battery life, awesome audio and video. It takes awesome pictures. I also found out I needed a new SIM card and my signal for calls and LTE improved greatly.--not pro phone specific. Night mode is great for taking doggy videos. I love FaceID. It works great especially when I'm holding my sleeping nephew and want to use my phone. I've only had Faceid not work maybe once; it even worked at the concert with questionable lighting.

Cons:
I find myself turning off the screen and my other finger is placed by the volume button and I take a screen shot. There is some echo when on speaker phone but might be the landline phone I'm talking to. When I'm playing my puzzle game I sometimes make the screen freeze by having my finger down at the home swipe area.

I will admit the cons are more me issues than anything else. But 2 weeks and things are going good. My battery life is great; it's making it through the day and more that's even streaming audio and watching youtube videos. My 8+ I had to charge halfway through work. My favorite phone was the 6s I think the 11 Pro Max might take it's place not sure yet. The 6s was the phone I started doing a lot more with and the 8+ didn't really click the boxes like I thought it did. I know that reading my kindle books is much easier on this phone then previous phones. Yes I have a book addiction. I had to switch to ebooks because I literally have no more room for books.

Anyway those are my thoughts I just wanted to share. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.