Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
I am excited to read iOS 13 may not slow down older devices (I have an iPhone 8 & iPad Pro 10.5)...but how do I load the tvOS profile? I haven't seen any instructions yet. Thanks.
The beta program is where you get to trial pre-release-sometimes-buggy- software and in order to do it you sign up to the developer program. iOS12 is finished and the beta versions are of 13 now.
I'm not sure how the tv bit got in there but I think that's for tvOS I don't think you use the tvOS for the phone.
Anyway, if you are on 12 and you have recently updated then you already have the last and most stable version of 12 there will ever be and if you don't want to update to 13, all you have to do is go into settings and turn off automatic updates.
It'll stay on 12 until you decide otherwise then.

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
The beta program is where you get to trial pre-release-sometimes-buggy- software and in order to do it you sign up to the developer program. iOS12 is finished and the beta versions are of 13 now.
Dang.
I'm not sure how the tv bit got in there but I think that's for tvOS I don't think you use the tvOS for the phone.
That is why I was so confused.

Anyway, if you are on 12 and you have recently updated then you already have the last and most stable version of 12 there will ever be and if you don't want to update to 13, all you have to do is go into settings and turn off automatic updates.
It'll stay on 12 until you decide otherwise then.
Thankfully I already turned off Automatic Updates on both devices. I wanted to avoid the occasional notification and Settings app badge. I guess at this point it's unavoidable.

Who knows, maybe iOS 13 will show improved performance over iOS 12 and this whole thread is for nothing. I don't see anything in 13 that I'd use so I'm just fine to wait, perhaps indefinitely.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I finally end up installing iOS 13 on my phone because I wanted watchOS 6 for my watch and its still bugged and I regret it so far. Notifications will ring on both my watch and phone now, very annoying. Fonts seems to be less clear as iOS 12 for notifications and in some apps. Settings app crash when I try to resize a lock screen wallpaper, smart invert colours are broken etc.

I'll see what 13.1 will fix next week but if its not better I"ll probably downgrade while I can. Just don't know if I can still use my watch with watchOS 6 on iOS 12.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
France
Hello there

So I talked to Apple Support via Chat and asked the same questions, given the fact I will offer my phone to my mom. Here are the answer:

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 5.52.57 PM.png

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Hello there

So I talked to Apple Support via Chat and asked the same questions, given the fact I will offer my phone to my mom. Here are the answer:

View attachment 864432

There are lots of BS with the Apple Support. For one, you don’t need Apple ID to setup iPhone. You can skip this process all together.

Second, there is no need to create a Apple ID for iPhone to function. Although, you won’t able to do much with iPhone.
Hi,
Anyone still able to install IOS 12 now, given IOS 13 has been released?

Yes. Until Apple stop sign iOS 12.4.1. I restored all my iOS devices to 12.4.1. I am avoiding iOS 13 all together.

Reactions: Lucas284

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I'm not upgrading my iPhone 6. Thought I did upgrade it to 12.4.2 this morning.

I already upgraded my iPhone 7+. I like the functionality. But I don't like the bugs. Problems I've seen are battery use, Notes not updating or updating very slow, WiFi connection issues (though it could be the WiFi in the office is flaky). I'm hoping that 13.1.1 solves the battery issues. 13.1 runs great on my iPad Mini 5. I didn't notice battery issues there but it's running an A12 and has a huge battery for its size.

I was considering upgrading to the 11 Pro but I see that they're not available for a month.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hello there

View attachment 864432

You can do it all without an Apple ID, and even if you need to create and use one, you can still do it without 2FA if desired.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
France
Is it possible to use an Apple ID for 2 different persons, my mom & myself? Would the backups, contacts, apps be different?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.