Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xde

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
I am looking for a way to disable horizontal scrolling with my Magic Mouse 1 ( with the two AA cells).
I mean, if I casually swipe minimal in hor direction, window content tries to slide to a side, not much but uncomfortable, what I like to suppress.

I tried to disable it in preferences, switching bluetooth connection on/off, but without success.
(com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse)
Has anyone got it disabled?
Thanks!

MousePrefs.jpg

SkiSamoens

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2010
I retired my 9 year old Mac last week and the new one is running Catalina 10.15.1 . Magic Mouse (no batteries to replace) is fine so far, but I have the same issue with the horizontal scrolling. Drives me mad in Excel. On the last Mac I had a non-Apple App called MagicPrefs but the website now has a disclaimer on it being unsupported, so don't fancy that. How do you get Apple to rectify something so basically stupid?

Xde

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
I have no news here, wondering that 10.15 is unable to disable that.

There are probably some good reasons for horiz scrolling in some activities, but it would be very nice to be able to disable the feature.
Check system preferences again or check the mouse preferences with a plist editor.
In 10.9 it does not work, I have no 10.15 nor the Magic Mouse 2.
Good luck :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.