Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

praterkeith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Montgomery, AL
So we’re heading to visit some family for Thanksgiving and I plugged in my iPhone 11 Pro to the USB port in my wife’s car. It’s a standard lightening cable. Within a few seconds there’s a pop or slight scratch through the speakers. That’s the best I can do to describe the sound, but it happens every few minutes or so. I’ve been using this phone in my car with a Bluetooth connection and haven’t had any audio issues. We tried a different cable with the same result. Any ideas what could be happening or could this be a software issue?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So we’re heading to visit some family for Thanksgiving and I plugged in my iPhone 11 Pro to the USB port in my wife’s car. It’s a standard lightening cable. Within a few seconds there’s a pop or slight scratch through the speakers. That’s the best I can do to describe the sound, but it happens every few minutes or so. I’ve been using this phone in my car with a Bluetooth connection and haven’t had any audio issues. We tried a different cable with the same result. Any ideas what could be happening or could this be a software issue?
Have you tried restarting the phone to see if that might make any difference?

Alternatively, could there perhaps be something on the car's end of it all?

praterkeith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Montgomery, AL
Update: My wife’s iPhone 7 works fine. It only happens about 6 seconds into every song if I shuffle from song to song. Very strange problem. The sound is more like a scratch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.