Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Ordered my mini 5. I want this to be as light as possible since I'm going to be using it for reading and maybe playing a few games when I'm either on the couch or in bed.

However, I DO want to protect it because I am not a fan of my devices having any sort of scratches or anything.

What can I do that won't really add weight, but will at least protect it from scratches?

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Are you sure AppleCare+ isn’t an option?

It’s $80 and you get complete peace of mind. Helps me use my devices without cases without worry.

(No I don’t work for Apple marketing.)

(I wish.)

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Are you sure AppleCare+ isn’t an option?

It’s $80 and you get complete peace of mind. Helps me use my devices without cases without worry.

(No I don’t work for Apple marketing.)

(I wish.)

It definitely is an option, but I still don’t like my devices to get all scratched and scuffed up.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
After owning a few Apple products I actually have more peace of mind if there are a few scuffs on them. Less worrying about tossing a MacBook in a backpack etc. would recommend trying it out on a cheaper one

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Smart cover, folds flat and sticks with magnet to back, and nice to hold, and a bag to put it when out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.