Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
Those seem like some pretty big updates, especially the content aware on panoramas.

I hope they fixed the importing preset process. It used to be as simple as drag and drop and something happened a few versions ago to make it excruciating. I don't add presets very often but it's a pain when I do.

I will probably wait a week or two to upgrade.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Other than content aware fill for panos...not so much for Lr Classic in that release. The companion PS 2020 had lots more enhancements.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I guess there’s 2 versions of LR now? I guess my trial is regular LR and not classic. Why are export options so limited? I like having customizable export options.
There is a lightweight version and the regular old school version.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
To be clear, there is 'Lightroom Classic' - the original full-featured product, and 'Lightroom' which is a newer release designed to work from images stored in the cloud, allowing you to edit the same images on multiple devices. The newer product is currently not as well featured as Classic but as with Photoshop for iPad Adobe promise regular updates to bring them up to standard. Many serious photographers are concerned about the upload/download times, the costs of cloud storage and security of backups although to be honest few of us have actually tried it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.