Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedwolfe

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
I have an iPod and a Toyota 2008 Camry that has a 3.5 auxiliary jack. What do I need to play my iPod through my speakers?

I know use a Griffin iTrip FM transmitter but the static is sometimes bad.

Can I plug something directly into my 3.5 jack on my iPod and then plug the other into my car jack and hear my music through my speakers.

Power would be an option but not necessary.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
I have an iPod and a Toyota 2008 Camry that has a 3.5 auxiliary jack. What do I need to play my iPod through my speakers?

I know use a Griffin iTrip FM transmitter but the static is sometimes bad.

Can I plug something directly into my 3.5 jack on my iPod and then plug the other into my car jack and hear my music through my speakers.

Power would be an option but not necessary.

Just buy an 3.5 audio cable, connect it from your iPod to your cars 3.5 jack. You might have to tune your radio into aux but that should be it.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Try the Kensington aux cable from Amazon that has the fat end. It's an anti static shield that helps with the static big time. It was like $10 if memory serves.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Just buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable, plug one end into the iPod and the other into the car, set the car stereo to AUX or Auxiliary and press play.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.