Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I’d say pretty much anything will do actually. I honestly think screen size and portability matter more than anything else in this equation. What do you value? I’m very happy with my 15” MacBook Pro, but sometimes wish I also had a 12” MacBook for quickly and easily doing something. I don’t really think you need that much speed for development, even though it is of course nice to have

Reactions: max2

Dannyy

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2018
Lviv, Ukraine
Wish i could have an opportunity to buy a new laptop for developing :))) i'm using an old MBP 15' Late 2011 (with Catalina on board). Somethimes its tough, especially when opening Simulator, my fans going crazy, but it still do the work.

Reactions: 4sallypat

sundialsoft

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
Scotland
Due to Apple obsoleting my MacBook Pro I'm using Xcode on my early 2015 MacBook Air with 4 Gb ram and a 128 Gb SSD. It runs fast enough though I really need more disk space. I will buy another MacBook next year and will go for 16Gb ram and a 1 Tb SSD as it's not upgradable easily.

I have a 4k external monitor which supports USBC and I connect to that when I'm working on Apps.

(My MPB was a fast i7 machine but couldn't run Catalina so had to go. Thanks Apple)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.