Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Hi,

so I've seen a Thunderbolt 3 dock few years ago and can't find it or anything similar again, so I'd greatly appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction. It was basically a black plastic cube with four slots, and you could populate the slots yourself with either SSD modules (which worked as external USB-C SSDs on the go) or super fast card readers of your choice. Does anyone know which product I'm talking about?

The background is the following: I'm working mainly off a 13" MBP now, and I'd really like to swap the power supply for a dock with a little extra functionality, so that I don't have to worry to unplug the PSU when I need it on the go, and also so that I can have a card reader and a couple SSDs always connected for backups and big project files. I could obviously just buy a standard USB-C dock and connect my Samsung T5 SSDs to it, but that wouldn't look particularly clean, so I'd prefer a different solution if at all possible.

Thanks for any help!

Poki

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Sounds like the Lexar Professional Workflow series.

Thank you, that‘s it! Doesn‘t seem to charge the MBP though, so I might have to combine it with a traditional dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.