Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Hi Everyone,
I bought 50 webpage templates, BUT there all in PSD format, like and image, I've tired photoshop, Microsoft Word, and the Site editor program for windows... WHAT DO I NEED?? There were only 3 with HTML and PSD's but it HARD to modify the code on those:( Any help would be GREAT!

Thanks!

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
a PSD is a Photoshop file. Have you tried opening them in Image Ready and using the save for web option? If you bought them I would hope that they would support their products and could give you some pointers.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I would try to open the PSD files in Photoshop, like go to "open" and select the file you want within Photoshop and then see if it will open. Do the PSD files show that they are going to open in Photoshop or are they white icons w/o the photoshop logo behind it?

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
Okay, I think I've got it... It took a while with Photoshop and Image Ready... As for support they've none, they are the type its cheap if you can only figure it out :rolleyes: . Thanks for the help!

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
I have a problem... It works I can edit them, but when I got to save it will only as one big image, not even HTML... I need it in HTML. How do I do this

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Try the save for web feature in the File menu. You need to slice up the image first (with the slice tool) and then it will export the images and the HTML code as well. If you know how to code you cna just get he images and then build it yourself (a better option since Photoshop HTML code is pretty convoluted, but if you don't know how then it doesn't really matter).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.