Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hiro01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
I guess that it makes the most sense for the MacBook 12 to come back as Apple’s first ARM-based notebook - if even just from an investment point of view.

Apple has shown multiple times that they like to make the most from chassis changes or form-factors (the creation of the SE, staying with the MacBook Pro form factor even with the keyboard troubles), so it would make sense that Apple would find some way to get some further use out of their investment in developing the MacBook - and I think it makes the most sense for it to be as a bridge (even just in terms of price) between IPads and Macs.

...or it was desperately unpopular and expensive and the MacBook is gone forever.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
A lot of us assumed this would be exactly what happened with the MacBook, that it would be the first one to go ARM as it makes a lot of sense. And maybe it still will if it makes a return, with maybe a slight redesign and an extra port.

I do wonder though if the form factor is dead and that the Air is as ultra-portable as they're going to go, with the assumption that if you want something smaller, there's the iPads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.