Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matt98svt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
Ok so working on a 2015 MacBook Air for a friend and it would not power on At all from the battery or wall outlet power adapter. No water damage or anything of the sort, just stopped powering on. So we tried a different cord to no avail. Finally found a video where they disconnected the internal battery cable and after that it would power on while connected to the wall outlet. So here’s the thing. I now have the internal battery reconnected and it does power on when connected to the wall outlet but not from just the battery...BUT if I start it up connected to the wall outlet and then remove the wall outlet power supply it stays on and works fine. In fact the internal battery last as long as it did when new so the battery is clearly not worn and I doubt the cause. I tried all the resets I could find online like holding down the 4 buttons for 10 seconds and none of that has worked. Took it to the Apple store and they had little interest and hardly inspected it but after showing them what it was doing the guy was convinced it was the logic board and said he could order me one for $500. So I’m trying to decide if I should just find another logic board used off eBay or would one of the logic board repair services I see for like $150 repair this issue? Thanks for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.