Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaichch

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2014
Augsburg, Germany
Hardware: 2016 rMBP w/ Touch Bar

I have 5 virtual desktops. All of a sudden, some of them switch orders. I notice it when scrolling from one virtual desktop to another with four finger swiping. I should go from 1 to 2, but I get 3. Has anyone else had this issue? I *think* I've had it in an older version of OS X in the past, but it's been a while.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 10.18.38.png
I guess you have this enabled.
[doublepost=1491726112][/doublepost]I really can't stand the bug that recent files in Dock and App Exposé are broken since El Capitan. Only restarting the dock leads to an refresh. And even that is just a temporary solution.

imasterus

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Yesterday my MacBook Air (2011) just shut down for no apparent reason, when I was watching movie via VLC. My friend told me that she also encountered this issue lately on her MacBook Air (2013).
i wonder if this shutdown is a usual thing for Sierra or not? Regardless of the Mac version.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
10.12.5 Beta 1 (16F43c) - 1Password Safari extension has stopped working and cannot connect to the main app. No issue with Chrome, and the 1Password app itself works fine. Anyone else have this issue?

chrisjo

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2015
Germany
UI glitch not resolved with 10.12.4.

After disconnecting an external display or waking from sleep the following graphic glitch occurs:

Transparency issue with dock fonts/text ... (same happened in Yosemite 10.10 ...)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-03 um 00.32.28.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-03 um 00.32.28.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 382

grumpywino

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2016
Is this a 10.12.4 glitch or something else? Fairly new iMac 4k, not an issue I have had before (passed diagnostic test with no issues)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 17.11.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 17.11.13.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 17.51.29.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 17.51.29.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 346

CapnDavey

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2015

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
[QUOTE="flowrider, post: 24450389, member: 767309"[
Lou[/QUOTE]

Sorry Lou for writing to you but in the past you had very good hints and helpful suggestions.
I posted in the MacPro about my problems but nobody reacted.:eek:

Lately I had for the first time in 3 years a Kernel Panic, don't know if it has to do with this very annoying bug new to me.
If I open Photo.app with the dock icon it works OK.
If I go this way:
MacHD-> My users name folder->Pictures->Photo-Mediathek
then the desktop, the title bar, any HD icon and any app window I open begin madly to blink. The Photo.app icon jumps and the title bar switches between the Photo entries and those of any other application open.
This blinking and switching lasts for quite a while and trying to stop it does not work until eventually it stops by itself, sometimes quite a long time after.
:oops:
I did "Repair" of the Photo.app-Mediathek, tried the usual SMC and nvram resets, tried starting from an external drive and even got back through TM from 10.12.4 to 10.12.3 but it solved nothing.:(

I intend to bring it next week to AppleCare (now unfortunately finished but I got a case number one day before the end).
However I fear a cheap dismissal of taking into account any hardware problems to repair like "reinstall the OS" or other ways they use to get rid of a customer with little effort involved.:oops:
I also noticed that Windows 10 (installed through Bootcamp in part of the only internal drive) starts always with a "lightning" I had not noticed before.
I don't know if every mac starts Windows with a flash since the drivers are those provided by Microsoft to Apple, but who knows... it is after all not a computer built for Windows...:rolleyes:

Would you share my feeling of a possible hardware problem, maybe related to the GPU?
Being my last AppleCare chance I am scared of being left with an hardware faulty MP.:eek:
I apologize for writing to you and thank you very much in advance for your help.:)
Ed

P.S. I forgot to mention. I downloaded the Apple diagnostic tool but it found nothing...

Last edited:

davvanc

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2015
10.12.5 Beta 1 (16F43c) - 1Password Safari extension has stopped working and cannot connect to the main app. No issue with Chrome, and the 1Password app itself works fine. Anyone else have this issue?
Not really a reply to your post, but another beta 10.12.5 bug (beta 5) or two.
First, somewhere along with the betas to 10.12.5, Apple broke something, so that Carbon Copy Cloner, will, in some cases, not pick up the recovery "partition" (Apple erroneously labels it the "Recovery HD") correctly, and will put up an error icon in the task bar and/or in the VOLUMES pane. This is a cosmetic issue, CCC still works correctly as far as I know. Mike Bombich of CCC is on top of that and will release a fix in the next release of CCC. He may provide a fix in a special beta if you ask nicely.
Second, in the Date and Time preference pane, using the Asian time server produces a time setting that is far off the mark. and I had to uncheck that option and set the time manually. Not cool.... :eek::apple::(

owbp

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2016
Belgrade, Serbia
On 10.12.4 with FCPX 10.3.3 i cannot move window to the top of the screen when i check "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" - it instantly moves back making space for menu bar that is not there. Other apps are working fine in that regard.
Made a short screen grab
Anyone have idea of fixing it and is it a known Sierra bug?

davvanc

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2015
As I posted above, in the Date and Time preference pane, using the Asian time server produces a time setting that is totally wrong. Anyone know a way to resolve this? Considering running the Combo 10.12.5 updater, but that entails redoing the glarish icons and deleting a lot of fonts.
Not cool.... :eek::apple::(
Edit: Tried the Combo updater, and also tried deleting the autoupdate plist, no effect, bug still exists.
Edit #2: Resolved by using CarbonCopyCloner to import a system from my MBP to the problematic Mac Pro. There was something messed up in either the System or Library (main root Library) folders.
whew, thanks Migration Assistant for all the added value !!

Last edited:
Reactions: macintoshmac

knuui

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
10.12.4 has been creating kernel panic when booting. What happens is that the computer couldn't boot into OS, and keep restarting

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Any fix for this whole not able to connect to the 5ghz band of the router anymore and can only connect to the 2.4ghz band?

ignaciobarrena

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2016
Has anyone found a solution to the Location services showing up all the time on the Menu Bar even though I have them DISABLED ? it's showing setting time zone all the time, it's annoying... Already tried SMC and NVRAM resets, reinstalling OS again via recovery ( no fresh install because I did one 2 months ago for 10.12.4)

Going to the Genius Bar this Saturday tho.

natcin

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2016
does anyone get a spinning beach ball whenever the system prompts for an admin user password?

be it for installing software or other stuff.

upgraded from Lion on a 2011 MBA to a 2017 MBP Sierra, and never encountered that before.

on my new machine, everytime the prompt comes up, it either lags while im typing my password, or it gives a spinning beach ball for 0.5-1sec after i enter password and click 'enter'.

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2017
Yesterday my MacBook Air (2011) just shut down for no apparent reason, when I was watching movie via VLC. My friend told me that she also encountered this issue lately on her MacBook Air (2013).
i wonder if this shutdown is a usual thing for Sierra or not? Regardless of the Mac version.
i have same problem on my macbook air 13 2017 sierra 10.12.5
can anyone help?

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
10.12.6 didn't fix services not has it fixed any PDFKit bugs that I have previously reported to Apple.

One wonders when Apple is going to fix the bugs, maybe in 10.13 which will likely contain its share of different bugs? :mad:

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2011
Safari has become a system hog on my 2011 MBA. Never have this problem before.

Running Sierra here. As you can see, it's using 12 ~ 13GB of memory. That's waaaaay too much on a 4GB system. Any help?

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 1.58.35 PM.png

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
Just did a clean install of HS and have some lag issues and also strange graphical problems.

If I click on finder the window will just appear with random colours and constantly flashing, yet if I take a screenshot it appears fine in the actual screenshot :(

EDIT:
Untitled.jpg

I managed to get a screenshot of the issue using quicktime screen record and screenshot that.

Haven't even managed to install everything yet, as I might go back to Sierra

My Mac is a, Late 2015 27" 5K iMac with an SSD, Core i7 and the M395X GPU and 16GB or RAM

Last edited:

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Just did a clean install of HS and have some lag issues and also strange graphical problems.

If I click on finder the window will just appear with random colours and constantly flashing, yet if I take a screenshot it appears fine in the actual screenshot :(

I saw some weird colours in an app this morning. Will test further this evening but it looked like an old ZX Spectrum game!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.