Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pritcharddesign

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2018
I'm on an iMac. Some login passwords have disappeared in Safari. Not in keychain.

Also, my iMac seems to jump to login too often since updating. It goes to log in when it goes to sleep on regular schedule. I'm not finding any place in settings to turn that off.

And, my keyboard & mouse periodically stop working correctly. I thought that was due to Word issues on the Mac, but now I'm not sure. Sometimes I can't select anything, sometimes select just isn't accurate.

Thoughts?

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Also, my iMac seems to jump to login too often since updating. It goes to log in when it goes to sleep on regular schedule. I'm not finding any place in settings to turn that off.

Hi. You can set that up on Pref Pane (Settings) -> Security and privacy -> General tab -> Ask password [after X time] when the mac goes to sleep. If you don't want the mac to ask you for the login password each time your mac goes to sleep, you just uncheck that box.

As for the keyboard and mouse, you can always delete them from the bluetooth settings pane, and them after a reboot, try to re-pair them with your mac.

Good Luck, Sierra was a great operating system.

pritcharddesign

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2018
Thanks for your response! I posted in the 10.12 thread by mistake. o_O I actually meant 10.13.
However, the "Ask password" box in preferences is unchecked.
I am wondering if it's a CrashPlan conflict!

MapleGreen

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2019
maybe the last Security update for macOS Sierra, so far so good

Untitled.png

bisk89

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2019
I've got serious problem with latest security update on my 13' MacBook Pro Retina (Early 2015). After update my Mac heats up and throttle as hell. I reinstalled Mac OS Sierra from scratch, changed thermal paste on CPU twice, nothing helped. I can have ~80 celsius on my CPU, when I'm only browsing the net on Safari. It's hard to use any powerful applications, because it can heat up to even ~100 celsius and above. Please help, what can I do? Did anyone had the same problem? Thank you in advance

P.S. I can't upgrade my OS to newest version due to my health problems. So I have to stay with Mac OS Sierra.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I've got serious problem with latest security update on my 13' MacBook Pro Retina (Early 2015). After update my Mac heats up and throttle as hell. I reinstalled Mac OS Sierra from scratch, changed thermal paste on CPU twice, nothing helped. I can have ~80 celsius on my CPU, when I'm only browsing the net on Safari. It's hard to use any powerful applications, because it can heat up to even ~100 celsius and above. Please help, what can I do? Did anyone had the same problem? Thank you in advance

P.S. I can't upgrade my OS to newest version due to my health problems. So I have to stay with Mac OS Sierra.
Can you clone your hard drive to an external USB drive and boot from it?
Do you have a Time Machine back up prior to that security update which causes problems?
I would try everything until I find the problem.
It is always a safe policy to make from time to time a bootable clone of your hard drive in an external USB drive, especially before installing any update.
External USB drives are not expensive if it is a magnetic, non SSD drive.

Kamil12

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2020
I am installing OS sierra on Macbook pro mid 2009 with Dosdude patch. All good until you want to appear Configuration choose country. Here I can not do anything because the mouse and the keyboard are not active. I have provided external keyboard and mouse and it does not work either. What can be done to fix this.
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.