Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
I did not encounter this problem with my Fujitsu Scanner. However, my problem is that Abby Finereader does not automatically start OCR anymore after a scan. I have to manually drag and drop my PDFs to Abby Finereader for the OCR to start.
Anyone else got this problem ?
Contacted ABBY support, updating the software solved the problem ... simple, you just need to know where to download the update.

Batt4Christ

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
Arkansas
Another bug -

Version 10.13.4 Beta (17E160e)

Apple's own Messeges app now displays phone numbers in place of names of those in the messages list. I suspect this is related to the messenger in the cloud feature, but I could be wrong.
[doublepost=1519850311][/doublepost]OH - and another:

Feedback Assistant hanging up. Active Monitor shows it using 100+% of CPU and while the actual reported usage fluctuates, it still shows it as not responding... been that way for the last 30 minutes.

briloronmacrumo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2008
USA
Another bug -

Version 10.13.4 Beta (17E160e)

Apple's own Messeges app now displays phone numbers in place of names of those in the messages list. I suspect this is related to the messenger in the cloud feature, but I could be wrong.
[doublepost=1519850311][/doublepost]OH - and another:

Feedback Assistant hanging up. Active Monitor shows it using 100+% of CPU and while the actual reported usage fluctuates, it still shows it as not responding... been that way for the last 30 minutes.
Hopefully, you're sending these reports to Apple's bug reporter(will need a user id and password) and/or Apple Feedback

DimaVR

Suspended
Nov 14, 2017
can someone help me? after each reboot the slider goes all the way to the right, Icons and desktop become HUGE, i set to this and after reboot goes back to big? how do i fix this issue? running Mac os 10.13.4 Beta 4, but i had this issue since Beta 1 and maybe even before that, i had this issue for at-least 6 months?

upload_2018-3-5_17-29-10.png

[doublepost=1520292262][/doublepost]
upload_2018-3-5_18-23-58.png

WELL THIS WORKS NOW IN 10.13.4 BETA 4 nicely!!!

robertmorris2

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
Key West
New Bug alert:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.14 beta (17E150g) + Canon ImageClass driver = gibberish output. Image/graphics print. Text is meaningless garbage. Canon support has gone through several exchanges and nothing works. They said they can do nothing more until the final release of this version of macOS... UGH First beta of 10.13.14 worked just fine with ImageClass printers. This last update broke it.

Same thing here. I updated printer firmware and printer drivers to no avail. Canon says they don't support BETA releases, which I can understand but I'm with you on this problem. I tried deleting drivers and printer and doing a reinstall..worked for a while, like one day and then returned to gibberish.

And yes, I filed a report to apple.

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Same thing here. I updated printer firmware and printer drivers to no avail. Canon says they don't support BETA releases, which I can understand but I'm with you on this problem. I tried deleting drivers and printer and doing a reinstall..worked for a while, like one day and then returned to gibberish.

And yes, I filed a report to apple.

robertmorris2
Hi, if your Canon is a laser have a look at my happy experience getting a 16 year olf Canon A3 laser working perfectly in Hi Sierra 10.13.2
https://forums.macrumors.com/conversations/hi-had-a-lucky-hacking-session.919880/

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Does anyone happen to know if the current beta of 10.13.4 fixes the GPU problems with certain graphics cards in Illustrator CC 2018? I didn't know this was even an issue until I picked up a 13" 2017 MacBook Pro. I'm considering returning the machine now, as this has been an issue since at least October and there is still no fix from Apple.

applepuree

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2014
In Beta 6, I have hit my first major bug. All video playback is green. Youtube, Vimeo, iTunes...all green. Anyone else ? I think it must be related to QT. Feedback sent.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
In Beta 6, I have hit my first major bug. All video playback is green. Youtube, Vimeo, iTunes...all green. Anyone else ? I think it must be related to QT. Feedback sent.
No issue here, but I’m on a 2011 MB Pro 13”

WiLLGT09

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Lately my trash has only worked for iCloud Drive files. I cannot drag and drop normal files to the trash. Whenever I try to delete a normal file (from my main storage) it gives me a warning saying that the file can only be deleted forever.

Is this a bug or a setting I've turned on by mistake? Or maybe a setting that turns on when you have limited space? I still have 29,84GB of storage left, so I don't see why it should be that way... I'm running the latest High Sierra 10.13.1

I have the same thing going on. Rebuilt the Trash thinking it was a permissions issue. Worked until reboot and then same issue again. I don't think it's a Trash issue itself, but that this is the manifestation of a different problem. Noticed it after the security updates.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh man, I just started noticing this issue today. Had the hardest time trying to search for solutions. Glad I'm not alone in this!! I'm on 10.13.3 (17D102). Any idea how to fix? I've tried all sorts of permission tweaks, re-starting, repair permissions, etc. Nothing seems to work... Definitely seems isolated/related to iCloud Drive. Had Desktop & Documents sync on, and I could send Desktop files to trash. Then I turned off Desktop sync for iCloud Drive and now I can't put desktop files in the trash; get alerted about deleting files immediately.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
After upgrading to High Sierra 10.13.4, the "Recent Folders" under Go menu remains greyed out... it does not list any recent folders anymore

Deleting Finder.plist does not fix this....

han_del_

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2018
Miami, FL
Swiping between desktops was a very smooth affair on my mid-2010 MacBook. I got a brand new nTB 13" MBP last week and switching between desktops, either when I swipe or do it through Mission Control, is clunky. On my old MB the desktop I swiped to would just roll in smoothly. On my 2017, however, the old desktop appears first, where the other one should be, then the other one pops up after a lag.

My questions are:

Why would the desktop experience be worse on a notebook that is so much newer and a "pro" model at that?

Is anybody out there experiencing the same problem?

Is there a fix?

I'm not sure whether it's a software (High Sierra) problem or a hardware problem since my old MB was on High Sierra and as far as I remember moving between desktops remained smooth.

macjunk(ie)

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
Just spent 3 hours rolling back to Sierra today. Done with High Sierra...What a POS!
Mission Control displayed a lot of lag. Files suddenly appearing and disappearing.
Looks like I was beta testing for Apple even though I did not sign up for the beta program.

Sierra is a lot smoother (but probably still has bugs in it).
Lesson learnt AGAIN.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
Just spent 3 hours rolling back to Sierra today. Done with High Sierra...What a POS!
Mission Control displayed a lot of lag. Files suddenly appearing and disappearing.
Looks like I was beta testing for Apple even though I did not sign up for the beta program.

Sierra is a lot smoother (but probably still has bugs in it).
Lesson learnt AGAIN.
What mac are you using?
Also, did you ever try a fresh install of High Sierra?

pritcharddesign

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2018
I'm on an iMac. Some login passwords have disappeared in Safari. Not in keychain.

Also, my iMac seems to jump to login too often since updating. It goes to log in when it goes to sleep on regular schedule. I'm not finding any place in settings to turn that off.

And, my keyboard & mouse periodically stop working correctly. I thought that was due to Word issues on the Mac, but now I'm not sure. Sometimes I can't select anything, sometimes select just isn't accurate.

Thoughts?

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
I'm on an iMac. Some login passwords have disappeared in Safari. Not in keychain.

Also, my iMac seems to jump to login too often since updating. It goes to log in when it goes to sleep on regular schedule. I'm not finding any place in settings to turn that off.

And, my keyboard & mouse periodically stop working correctly. I thought that was due to Word issues on the Mac, but now I'm not sure. Sometimes I can't select anything, sometimes select just isn't accurate.

Thoughts?
A NVRAM reset would certainly do no harm. Not convinced this will solve your problem, but worth a try..

krishnajha

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2015
Nowhere
10.13.5 Beta (17F35e)
Have anyone expirience lag like video card it’s failing or just the machine it’s ultra slow lag, because suddenly my MacBook Pro early 2011 started to show this, all OS is slow, if I do a nvram reset its speed again until I use YouTube or other stream services or maybe just las a few minutes and it becomes slow, and lags, it has a sdd drive that has like 2 years now. Any thoughts?

macjunk(ie)

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
10.13.5 Beta (17F35e)
Have anyone expirience lag like video card it’s failing or just the machine it’s ultra slow lag, because suddenly my MacBook Pro early 2011 started to show this, all OS is slow, if I do a nvram reset its speed again until I use YouTube or other stream services or maybe just las a few minutes and it becomes slow, and lags, it has a sdd drive that has like 2 years now. Any thoughts?
Yup...I had these lags on my 2015.
Other issues like going full screen on Netflix and Youtube would cause the screen to flicker.
Mission Control would lag crazy.
Safari constantly beach balled.

Reactions: tigerandyx9

pieterjanvh

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2013
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post, please do point me to the correct one if I'm not at the right section.
Looks like something went wrong when I tried to install the latest update for Mac OS High Sierra.
I've tried numerous things already, but I can't seem to boot my laptop in regular mode (it does start up in safe mode).

I've attached the installer log that I get when starting the system.

Anyone experienced the same issue? Or has a way to fix this?
If I run the recovery (CMD + R) and choose the reinstall option, will my data be removed?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Installer Log 9-Apr-2018.txt
    102.4 KB · Views: 336
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.