Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gulliver

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2003
Europe
Since the 10.13.4 update Auto-Login does not work anymore. I checked all relevant settings in Users&Groups as well as Security. All set correctly. FileVault is OFF.
Happens on 3 different Macs (MacPro, iMac, Mac mini).
I also set up a new user-account - same problem.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post, please do point me to the correct one if I'm not at the right section.
Looks like something went wrong when I tried to install the latest update for Mac OS High Sierra.
I've tried numerous things already, but I can't seem to boot my laptop in regular mode (it does start up in safe mode).

I've attached the installer log that I get when starting the system.

Anyone experienced the same issue? Or has a way to fix this?
If I run the recovery (CMD + R) and choose the reinstall option, will my data be removed?

Thanks in advance!
No, your data will not be removed.
If your volume is encrypted, make sure you still have the password, otherwise you'll be stuck after the reinstall!

AdamSeen

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2013
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post, please do point me to the correct one if I'm not at the right section.
Looks like something went wrong when I tried to install the latest update for Mac OS High Sierra.
I've tried numerous things already, but I can't seem to boot my laptop in regular mode (it does start up in safe mode).

I've attached the installer log that I get when starting the system.

Anyone experienced the same issue? Or has a way to fix this?
If I run the recovery (CMD + R) and choose the reinstall option, will my data be removed?

Thanks in advance!

This has happened to 2 of my computers with the same error message (macbook air 2013, mac mini 2012) and one of my families (macbook air). I'm surprised more people haven't come across it.

You can run recovery mode without losing data. You can also chose to boot up with a different start up disk by holding down alt key when mac starts (at least that worked for me).

Try downloading the combo installer before updating to 10.13.4 again.

Edit: Stackexchange thread: https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...update-10-13-4-failed-how-do-i-recover-withou

Reactions: tigerandyx9

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
On 10.13.4, regularly waking the screen when locked seems to show a flicker of my desktop before blurring out/showing the unlock screen.

Not that great for privacy.

PavelT

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
when the just the screen goes to sleep, my itunes stops.. and when i return and move the mouse, it resumes my itunes....very frustrating. This happened with the newest update 10.13.4...

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
It’s mind boggling the reports of so many computers bricked or having issues with High Sierra - whoever was in charge of that department should be fired for this debacle.

The Apple is no longer polished ...

Tried working with Apple support today - I relayed more options I’ve tried to resurrect my Mac then they offered or were even aware. Looks like HS also wrecked my time machine saves too. Beyond pissed I’m likely
Losing everything.

GWS6922

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2015
Anyone else have a suddenly extremely slow MBP on 10.13.5? It seems to have only gotten worse since 10.13.2.. I am on a Mid 2015 15inch MBP with retina display and 16GB of RAM.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
How can I restore the option to open any file I want?
2018_04_29_07_02_36_pm.jpg

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
So is anyone else seeing files in column-view misaligned? I see this on two different machines that I use daily, both running 10.13. Doesn't seem to happen consistently, just occasionally when I open a window and folder in column view. It really drives me nuts. If you grab the bottom corner and resize the window, it forces a redraw and fixes it, but it's annoying and has been present through the last few updates.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJ-7AxvblqJXsN7BE_Bzpd2WC_SUvTwI/view?usp=sharing

Reactions: Josiana

Grothesk

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
Netflix and Prime Video doesn't work for me with Safari 11.1.1 in this HS Update.. also a lot of Streams don't run smooth anymore when they are Java based.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Can anyone comment on if this bug still exists:

On the current stable build of High Sierra if I have the Tab Bar set to always show in Safari, every time I reopen a Safari window it's gets longer vertically until it's the full space between the Dock and Menu Bar. It only does this when the tab bar is showing.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
What kind of new os?
An update of high sierra?

Software update usually has delays, so give links when it is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.