Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

xflashx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
This is a Wiki, so anyone can edit it and add bugs and/or bug fixes.

10.14 DP1
-------------------------------------------------------
Bugs:
  • various interface issues in the macOS installer (buttons have no borders, overlapping text etc.)
  • News crashes if you try and Force Touch on a word
  • About This Mac still displays a High Sierra icon
  • DVD Player won't open .dvdmedia files (I'm actually struggling to get it to play anything at all!)
  • MAS doesnt show your purchases (just "No purchases").
  • UIKitSystem Quit Unexpectedly Error//iOS Ported Apps (Home, News, Stocks, Memos) will not open
  • No minimise button in Mail
  • Glitches and/or black screen with (fullscreen) video playback in safari (YouTube)
  • When previewing picture (PNG) in finder, zooming in beyond a certain point introduces glitches to the image and the zoomed part of the image is no longer rendered correctly.
  • Preferences option in Appstore is not accessible (greyed out)
  • Safari 12.0 (14606.1.17.40.4) freezes completely from time to time. audio/video playback continues in the background (tab) but Safari becomes unresponsive to user input. Only fix is force-quitting it and restarting.
  • Messages and Facetime Audio bugs - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/messages-facetime-audio-bugs.2158072/
  • No separations (albums, favorites, etc) visible when attaching / uploading photos in safari through media
Fixes:
  • (Temporary) No albums visible when attaching / uploading photos in safari through media: Restart safari
10.14 DP3
-------------------------------------------------------
Bugs:
  • Login Screen isn't white anymore
  • Network locations and local drives appear together under "Places" in Finder (Bug? - List can get quite long if there are many samba, etc. servers)
  • can't pinch-to-zoom the wallpapers in System settings
  • older versions of macOS don't appear in the purchased section in redesigned MAS
Fixes:
  • Dark mode now doesn't change the Dynamic Wallpaper to the static dark one
  • Wallpapers in Settings are listed twice

Last edited:

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
News crashes for me whenever I try to open it. UIKIT couldn’t load. I will try to send a screenshot later. But I am assuming this has something to do with my little snitch not working. Anybody else facing the same issue?

Diamond Dog

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2018
Siri not working for me. When I hold the key combo the Siri dialogue pops up, but it's frozen and doesn't respond. My fans also spin down like normal, and spin back up when I dismiss the Siri dialogue.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Sys Prefs/General has American "accent color" but British "highlight colour". Is anyone else seeing this?

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.21.25 PM.png

Edit: It only happens with the language set to NZ. If I change it to UK then both say "colour". Filed as a bug.

Last edited:

AdisCZ

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Google maps website is terribly lagging. You can't use it normally.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Might not be a Mojave problem, but Dropbox's folder seems to become lots of tiny folders... the app still works fine, but it's just hard to click on the folder.

ymkDF9d.png

Reactions: gemoritzt

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Anybody got that dynamic wallpaper working? I assume it's supposed to change to "daylight" during the day, but it stays at night.
I think if you're using Dark Mode is stays at night permanently, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
It stays at day permanently if don't use dark mode, so I guess it's just not working yet
Hopefully it starts working properly soon, it's only a small feature but quite looking forward to it! Hope they add more in the future or give us the ability to make our own, and not let it stagnate like Dynamic wallpapers on iOS.

Reactions: jhwalker and MLVC

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes Dark Mode is working fine with no rendering issues. That being said I am not a great fan.

The the question was more whether dynamic wallpapers are working with Dark Mode - for lots (all?), it seems to remain at the nighttime wallpaper whatever the time of day is if Dark Mode is enabled.

Reactions: MLVC

madhunt3r

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2013
On Macbook Air 2012 login screen is gray. No wallpaper. Do you have this bug? Any ideas?

cL645XL.jpg

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Gallery view doesn't display the thumbnail strip in some folders for me. For example, I can't switch between icons on my Desktop at all in Finder when in Gallery mode.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
Was about to install this on my rMBP 2015 15" but it's probably best if I steer clear(I assumed it would be pretty decent like iOS 12 Beta 1 is so far)

Out of curiosity, anyone running on a rMBP 2015? How's performance?

MLVC

macrumors demi-god
Apr 30, 2015
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Was about to install this on my rMBP 2015 15" but it's probably best if I steer clear(I assumed it would be pretty decent like iOS 12 Beta 1 is so far)

Out of curiosity, anyone running on a rMBP 2015? How's performance?

I'm running it on an iMac 27" late 2015 and a MBP 2017, and it really runs flawless (and that includes Parallels). The News app is a bit buggy still, and I don't get that dynamic wallpaper thing working. But if that's all, I'm happy. Really impressed by the stability of these first betas on all platforms really.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
I'm running it on an iMac 27" late 2015 and a MBP 2017, and it really runs flawless (and that includes Parallels). The News app is a bit buggy still, and I don't get that dynamic wallpaper thing working. But if that's all, I'm happy. Really impressed by the stability of these first betas on all platforms really.

Hm that’s great to hear! Maybe I will update then

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Could anyone on Mojave with a Touch Bar MBP type 'problem' into Spotlight, wait a few seconds, and see what autocomplete suggests on the Touch Bar? Want to know if what comes up is universal...

Edit: Never mind, it was based on a story from News. It suggested 'problems with Africans', but it turns out to be a quote today from Yaya Toure - so not some kind of odd unconscious bias on the part of Spotlight...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.